Senior Fund Accountant, Tax - Utah
Alter Domus is a full-service administration firm providing accounting and consulting services to the alternative investments industry, such as private equity funds, venture capital funds, wealth managers, asset allocators, CIO’s, endowments, foundations, and hedge funds. We work with funds all over the world, with a large concentration of funds located in California, Chicago, Utah and the Northeast. Alter Domus is committed to creating a positive, flexible and high performing environment for its employees while providing clients with a high level of service and building client relationships for the long-term.
We have multiple, immediate openings on our Fund Administration team to work as a full time Senior Fund Accountant for the Tax Department at our Utah location working hybird OR the option to work remote from outside of Utah. You can be part of a unique culture, a place that teamwork is encouraged and hard work is rewarded. As a Senior Fund Accountant, Tax you will utilize your communication and organizational skills to coordinate and review the preparation and filing of tax returns for our clients.
The Utah location is known for its innovation in fund services and recently developed a highly successful Asset Owner Solutions offering. You will have the opportunity to work in the office, remote or through a hybrid schedule where you'll have a combination of working remote and/or in the office. We offer a wide-range of opportunities for growth and provide the resources you need to progress in your career of choice.
- Coordinate and oversee the work for assigned client relationships.
- Manage priorities and timelines and communicate expectations clearly to the team.
- Review tax workpapers including allocations and all tax related information for the tax year.
- Review federal and state tax returns.
- Review and manage 1099 and 1042 reporting.
- Identify and review US withholding tax requirements relating to income allocations to foreign and tax-exempt recipients
- Analyze financial information from underlying portfolio companies for purposes of US filings, PFIC, CFCs, 926 forms, etc.
- Review partnership legal documents to determine the proper allocation of income.
- Review tax basis calculations for partnership interests.
- Respond to tax authority requests & resolve tax notices.
- Respond to limited partners’ tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Research domestic and foreign tax reporting issues.
- Work with accounting teams to understand the financial statement information needed to provide accurate and timely delivery and filing.
- Be a resource to the Fund Accountant, Tax staff for questions, training, and career development.
- Develop relationships with clients and effectively and timely communicate engagement status.
- Client Interaction to enhance client relationships and a dedication to doing the job right and meeting client deadlines.
- Other duties as required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of hands-on tax experience
Preferred education and experience:
- Masters in Accounting or related business field
- CPA certification
Preferred knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Alternative Investments
- Tax preparation software
- Microsoft Excel
- Time management
- Ability to manage and delegate projects
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Other skills and abilities:
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments
- Personal and professional integrity
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with team members and manager remotely
- Ability to follow instructions and receive feedback and review comments on work prepared
What we offer:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.