UAE National | Business Analyst | AFET | Dubai,UAE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
Under general guidance the Regional Financial Controllers and Head of Operations, this function is responsible for analyzing project profitability and project cash flows on a monthly basis.
This function will support in establishing budget, budget controls and analysis as well as supporting the project costing function throughout the entire project life.
What you will do
- In close cooperation with Project Manager and Operations Head this function will establish Project budgeting and analyze monthly project profitability and cash flow
- Support Business decision process by providing sound Business Case Analysis and prepare analytical reports in support of Projects Performance Management
- Responsible for validating POC of projects and validating CTC (Cost –to-complete) analysis in coordination with Project Team
- Monthly project reviews addressing projects profitability and cash flow compared to Budget as well as any deviation that might impact project profitability and viability. This includes among others, productivity analysis, regular review of WIP, tracking Bank Guarantees / LCs in coordination with the Treasury Team
- Provide guidance to improve project’s cash flow focusing on activities impacting Working Capital Management and WIP accounts in view of improving Free Cash Flow (FCF)
- Liaison with the external auditors and internal audit teams in implementing audit Recommendations.
- Provide support for preparing Business Plan & Variance Analysis and Risk and Opportunities
- Monitor Billing cycle to reduce WIP
- Maintain historical cost trend for estimations and tenders
- This function is directly linked to the project profitability of AFE&T
- AFE&T’s activity spans over UAE, Qatar and KSA with expansion plans over most of the GCC Region
- This function is exposed to highly sensitive and confidential information
Support& Assist Finance Management in
- Budgeting Exercise
- Forecasting/Strategic Planning
- Project Accounting, Monthly Book Closure
- Other Business presentations to management etc
- Intercompany dealing of Accounts receivable & Accounts payable
- Track on Accounts Receivable
Support & Assist Operations Heads and Project Managers
- Project costing
- Project profitability and performance measures
- Support in identifying productivity improvement opportunities
- Timely reviewing variances and Project P&L implications
- Support in claim management
Project Cost & Project Revenue controls
- Review of detailed Project Costs, revision of estimates, propose changes and improvements
- Assist in Monthly revenue recognition and ensure all revenue controls in place to avoid any revenue leakage –workings on IFRS/loss making contracts etc
- Project Cash Flow forecasts an actuals
Required Skills to be successful
- Position requires strong communication skills, analytical abilities, detailed approach, hands on experience in Microsoft advance excel & reporting
- Hands on experience on SAP
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards & IFRS
- Good Command of English, Arabic language is an asset
What equips you for the role
- University Degree with a major in Finance / Accounting or Equivalent
- Fresh graduate with up to 2 years of experience preferred in an international environment and with knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IFRS), law, and Tax
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.