Assurance - Audit Methodology - Manager - Amman / Beirut / Cairo
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our regional methodology function practice, within our assurance service line, will provide you with the opportunity to help our Firm by supporting the delivery of quality Assurance services to the market. You’ll collaborate with engagement teams and other Firm resources to promote high quality financial reporting and to inform and influence key stakeholders on important issues pertaining to accounting.
Our team supports our audit engagement teams and external clients with implementing major changes that improve audit quality and efficiency and add value to our client’s audit. As a part of the team, you’ll focus on assisting our audit practice develop innovative practices that foster efficiency, accuracy, reliability, and improved audit quality.
The regional methodology function currently supports all 12 countries.
We currently looking for a technically strong and highly motivated Manager with a proven track record of high quality understanding of PwC Audit methodology and delivery of audit engagements.
- Delivering complex guidance in a clear and understandable manner to engagement teams.
- Providing timely, high quality, well documented, consistent guidance on consultations.
- Performing timely, high quality, well documented, RTA reviews.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the network.
- Working with the Assurance colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on complex audit issues as well as with wider methodology network where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, and competency development, including supporting the delivery of regular methodology webexes/trainings.
- The candidate will need to be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis, able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Years of Experience: 6-8 years of relevant experience in managing audit engagements and applying the PwC audit methodology.
- In-depth knowledge of ISAs and PwC Audit methodology.
- Passion for continuous professional development, keeping up-to-date with IFRS developments and ISA / PwC audit updates and dealing with cutting-edge technical issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual speakers will have an advantage.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.