Global Head of Investment Compliance Delivery, Managing Director
Krakow, Poland, OSL/FRA-Offsite France, New York, Clifton, New Jersey, Dublin 18, Ireland, Brussels, Belgium, Drogheda, Ireland, Boston, Massachusetts, Edinburgh, Scotland, Frankfurt, Germany, OSL/DEU-Offsite Germany, Munich, Germany, Dublin 2, Ireland, Gdansk, Poland,
Investment Compliance performs monitoring of clients’ portfolios related to Regulatory, Fund Prospectus and Investment Manager mandates. Utilizing State Street’s Investment Compliance & Reporting platforms Investment Compliance completes the research, analysis and reporting to ensure client portfolios are in compliance with applicable investment restrictions.
The Global Investment Compliance Team consists of 3 teams located in Global In-house Centers in Poland, India and China with a total number of 350 FTEs. The team services clients in all jurisdictions (NA, EMEA and APAC).
The role requires independence in decision making and setting priorities, strong interpersonal skills, ability to rationalize problems while exercising sound judgment and innovation to define clear and concise solutions.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
- Manage and perform oversight of all the activities of Investment Compliance and Depositary Teams in multiple global locations
- Provide vision and direction to the staff, define strategy for the global organization/local units and ensure its consistent execution
- Provide leadership and support to the managers necessary for ensuring their teams are organized, working and controlled efficiently
- Manage the overall budget and be responsible for the achievement of specific performance targets
- Lead, develop and motivate staff, set and maintain standards of professional behavior and ensure staff accountability for the services provided and assigned projects
- Drive the delivery change plan; optimise the current production model post CR-IMS conversion to achieve positive outcomes for our clients and staff
- Collaborate with the Product, Conversion Project and IT teams that support Investment Compliance
- Execute annual goal setting and regular performance appraisal process in global organization/local unit
- Strengthen risk excellence culture, ensure risk awareness among staff and risk assessment and adequate control within the global organization/local units
- Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate procedures and internal controls
- Provide regular feedback and update to respective parties with regard to Investment Compliance & Depositary operations
- Take ownership for the execution of the assigned projects and deliver them within the budget, prescribed timeline and success criteria
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of hub wide, or global projects, especially new Investment Compliance technology adoption
- Manage transitions between locations
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience at a managerial position within the investment banking, fund industry, alternative industry
- Good understanding of the Investment Compliance and/or Depositary environment and regulatory requirements (e.g. AIFMD, UCITS, 1940 Act, etc.)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is a must Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business related area
- Knowledge of German, Italian, French would be an asset
- Knowledge of operational processes in Investment Compliance, Depositary services (preferred) or in other financial services
- Experience in managing and/or partaking in projects with a proven track record of achieving the set targets
- Experience in transformational change, trouble shooting and engineering solutions to complex issues
- Experience in managing large and disperse teams
- Experienced in developing, coaching and motivating staff to enhance skills and knowledge
- Experienced in driving risk excellence, outstanding client service, high performance and a positive, collaborative and innovative culture
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.