Portfolio Services Implementation, AVP
Who we are looking for:
The State Street Global Delivery team is looking for a qualified leader with strong experience in project management, analysis, system flows and business architecture to execute client implementations of the industry’s first ever front-to-back client servicing platform. The successful candidate must be highly organized and be able to move seamlessly between multiple implementations and changing client requirements.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
You will work within the team of cross functional subject matter experts in assessing and testing Charles River functionality, and presenting IBOR solutions to clients. In this role you will participate in defining and implementing test cases, identifying system and operational gaps, proposing operating model and system development solutions and documenting policy and procedural documentation to support the future state Middle Office operating model; Participate in go-live preparation and activities through hyper care, and ensure the processes are BAU once the post-go live activities are completed and the client is stabilized.
You will work closely with cross functional teams within Global Delivery, to support the transition of new and existing clients from their legacy Front and Middle Office platforms to the new future state technology infrastructure.
You will have opportunities to serve as a valuable partner with team members, other teams within in the organisation and also external partners, to identify and resolve issues. Regular communication with the team to ensure process consistency and speedy issue resolution is essential.
You will be expected to drive teamwork across the business to ensure goals and objectives are met timely and accurately. Your ability to identify operational optimisation needs, provide recommendations and assist in implementation is imperative. It will be crucial for you to maintain industry knowledge for suggestions on implementing standard methodologies and improving processes. Opportunities for you to participate in and lead strategic special projects will be available for you to grow and develop leadership skills.
In this role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Present our Alpha and Middle Office solutions to prospective Clients
- Maintain presentation material in your subject area
- Participate in writing and implementing test plans
- Support the delivery of cross-operations, high priority projects across all typical project phases.
- Document new or update existing operation controls and procedures
- Apply in depth knowledge of both technical and operational details of front office, middle office, and data management to create client solutions, and the ability to explain solutions and value propositions to clients
- You will assess systems capabilities and identify potential functionality gaps
- Participate in client onboarding and conversion events
- Track client feedback/requests and incorporate in product road map where appropriate.
- Work closely with Business, Data and Solution Architecture to ensure alignment with strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products, services and key business initiatives.
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies.
- Act as a resource taking a leadership role in transformation and growth initiatives
- Partner with a cross functional team to define the new F2B operating model
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- 8+ years of Investment Management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client facing & presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and accounting platforms
- Strong leadership and resource management skills
- Motivated and team oriented individual who possesses the ability to work in an energizing environment while handling multiple tasks
- Capable of adapting and leading through change
- Charles River (CRD) experience highly desirable
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years of Investment management experience
- Relevant degree in Economics or similar field
Sequel coding language is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.