Experienced Associate - Tax (Japan Desk)
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in our Integrated Tax and Business Consulting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with comprehensive tax and business consultancy services based on client geography and business needs. You’ll help our clients with corporate tax compliance issues related to company public listing, merger and acquisition, tax disputes, operations review, and corporate restructuring.
- You will be part of the Japan Desk engagement team which provides tax and business advisory/solutions to our Japanese clients
- You will work closely with the various Lines of Services and Business Units in providing quality advice and services to the clients
- You are also expected to assist Japan Desk’s business development activities
- Depending on your Japanese language capability, you may be expected to assist communication with Japanese clients using Japanese language
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Recognised university degree and/or professional accounting qualification.
- At least 1 year experience in Tax/Audit/Consulting, ideally in a professional services organisation is preferable.
- Commitment to enhancing tax technical and other knowledge and skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read and converse in Japanese language is preferable. Those without the Japanese language skillbut has a keen interest in the Japanese culture will also be considered.
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.