Assistant Manager, COE FP&A
Get to know our Team:
- The purpose of this role is to provide centralised FP&A support to both regional and country FP&A teams as part of the Centre of Excellence (COE) set up based in KL.
Get to know the Role:
- This role represents an extension of the wider FP&A teams as we look to implement a transformative program to streamline processes, enhance systems, improve support to enhance and strengthen business partnering with the various stakeholders the team supports.
- The role will support the strategic planning process, operational budgeting and forecasting processes and monthly reviews through the provision of reporting and data analytics support to the wider FP&A teams.
- Key success factors for this role includes an acute business and commercial acumen, strong Excel and modelling skills, a systematic and methodical mindset towards process and analytics, and the ability to work independently.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning process through timely provision or data, reporting and analytics to the wider FP&A teams.
- Track and monitor actual KPIs and financial performance against budget / forecast and provide insights into opportunities and risks to the business teams in a timely manner.
- Create, manage and maintain high quality and timely reporting and analytical support to the wider FP&A team business support activities.
- Create, manage and maintain documentation and align Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within the COE and wider FP&A teams.
- Work closely with a wider FP&A and Accounting team to help improve reporting processes and tools (including but not limited to budgeting systems, management reporting systems and other financial reporting interfaces).
- Actively stay abreast of reporting requirements and building and supporting new and ad hoc reporting and data requirements.
- Explore enhancements and actively streamline processes towards greater efficiencies and operations of the COE.
- Any other businesses assigned in support of the wider FP&A team
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or professional qualifications ACCA/CPA/CA.
- Advanced Excel skills in building complex financial models and exposure to ERP/Accounting systems.
- Experience with using TM1 and / or Hyperion systems preferred.
- Experience in leading projects and establishing widely used documentation and SOPs.
- Ability to translate business requirements / queries into financial analysis and financial projections/models.
- More than 5 years of experience in financial/business analysis and supporting business teams.
- Control mindset, process driven and responsible to drive projects to completion.
- Able to work independently under pressure.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong integrity and not afraid to raise concerns or highlight opportunities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.