Team Leader, Accounts Payable
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Responsible for overseeing the daily workflow process of the Accounts Payable Team. Conducts the performance management, and career development process and staffing for the team. Responsible for the planning, organizing and control of process flow and adherence to Accounts Payable policies and procedures. Ensures timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments. Reports on the department’s processing metrics including determining relevant statistical data to measure.
- Responsible for directing the daily workflow process to the Accounts Payable Team.
- Provides direct support for the performance management and career development process of the team.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees onsite, and offshore, and provides regular feedback and coaching.
- Manages the process flow and enforces AP policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments, Concur Claims processing, Vendor Master Set up and Month end reconciliations
- Reconciles all accounts pertaining to accounts payable. Researches and resolves any discrepancies and keeps management up-to-date on relevant issues.
- Documents and maintains procedures, standards and policies.
- Proactively manages the communications of AP policies, alerts and procedures on the AP Internal portals
- Reviews and researches exceptions and duplicate payments. Resolves and logs all exceptions, escalations, and ensures weekly metrics is reviewed for aged transactions.
- Collaborates with other team leaders to ensure maximum utilization of employees
- Gathers and reports on the department’s processing metrics. Provides ideas to promote automation and improves workflow process.
- Serves as an expert resource or go to person¿ within the group.
- Coordinates meetings and gathers documentation for internal and external audits. May serve on or lead Projects.
- Works with the Global AP Manager and Manager Accounts payable on all new AP Transitions and Transformation projects
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and the willingness to learn new skills.
- Team and detailed oriented.
- Understanding of day-to-day operations, accounting and analytical skills acquired through experience in related areas.
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignment and provide feedback to staff.
- Expert Knowledge on Invoice to Pay in all the sub functions (Invoice Processing, Concur T&E reimbursement claims, Supplier set up and maintenance, Month close reconciliations & Global Payments.
Education and Experience
- 3 year Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 plus years working in an Accounts Payable set up in a Shared Services Environment
- 3 Years of Team Leading experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.