Senior MI Reporting Analyst
We are looking for a Senior MI Reporting Analyst to join our Finance Operations team on a Fixed Term Contract for up to 12 months!
As a Senior MI Reporting Analyst you will manage a team of experienced analysts to interpret and present information over multiple departments covering our multi-channel business (Accounts Payable, Next Online/ Warehousing & Distribution as well as Retail Stores) through informed insight and delivering high quality analysis and support on behalf of the Finance Department.
We are looking for someone who has excellent people management skills whilst also demonstrating very strong analytical skills. You’ll need to have the ability to utilise a multitude of data analysis tools to manipulate large volume data, improve modelling techniques, innovate and automate where possible and support the production of compelling reporting providing insight to all levels of management.
This role is based at our head office in Enderby, Leicestershire and the hours are standard office hours Monday-Friday.
- Influencing Senior Management through verbal and written communication and challenge business decisions
- Acting on information requests from the business e.g. weekly trade meeting or Cost Focus and producing timely responses for Senior Management
- Effectively bring together a range, and variety, of source information and data to highlight business issues and potential options to help resolve or to mitigate a risk
- Producing high quality Management Information for the Finance department and reporting of operating trends to team members, and management based on sound data analysis
- Owning the resolution of specific and on-going issues and problems to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- An ongoing attitude to developing, testing and sharing new analytical methods, tools and practices
- Liaise with operational areas to monitor effectiveness of existing controls and provide support in developing new ideas
- To complete cost benefit analysis / profitability calculations for business projects.
- To bring a measured approach to development analysing business requirements before designing the solution.
- You will be able to document your work comprehensively and take into account the need to support your work by other members of the team.
- You will consider and undertake testing and build solid test plans to ensure the integrity of transactional data, being comfortable asking for guidance on more complex work.
- Significant MI Reporting experience
- Code proficiently in T-SQL skills and related tools (SSMS 2012 +, SSRS), Power BI is a must have.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel and Power Pivot, VBA & MS BI Tools) suite of products in
- Proven experience of analysing large quantities of data with demonstrable high profile data analysis
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- An independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organisation skills
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing business needs
- Strong analytical and inquisitive approach to problem solving with the ability to think outside the box
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in Project Management
- SAS & other Data visualisation tools
- Agile development practices.
- MDX (SQL Server Analysis Server cube) and there integration with SSRS
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) preferably Automation Anywhere
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.