Fund Services Tax, Vice President
Who we are looking for
We have an exciting opportunity to join a team providing FATCA/CRS services to our clients. The FATCA/CRS team is responsible for contributing to international tax transparency through FATCA/CRS regulations. You will also be responsible for the growth and delivery of European investor tax services for both hedge funds and mutual funds in the following jurisdictions: Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Ireland, UK, Belgium and Luxembourg. This role will present many challenges due to the constant changes in guidelines and industry practices, tight deadlines as well as our large client base. In addition you will be responsible for the CBI oversight. This position requires the candidate to be well organized and able to efficiently manage their time. Additionally, the candidate should expect to learn new tasks and be comfortable working with other teams. Experience working collaboratively on projects is a plus. An ideal candidate will be open to finding innovative ways to improve processes.
What you will be responsible for
As FATCA and CRS / International Tax – Vice President you will
- Oversee the entire FATCA and CRS product, encompassing over 200 clients, gathering information, lending expertise, and filing to relevant tax authorities
- Manage new business pipeline, including forecasting and tracking revenue
- Manage the pricing model, answer RFP's for new business, provide client pitches, assist with sales
- Act as an escalation point for all FATCA and CRS related and International Tax issues
- Problem solve out of the ordinary situations to agree with clients how to treat specific investors from a FATCA/CRS perspective
- Coordinate with clients to receive their sign off and approval for FATCA/CRS related items
- Coordinate with Investor Services/NAV/Fund Accounting to ensure investor data is complete in order to provide accurate reportable suggestions
- Work with relevant teams to ensure proper financials are filed for reportable investors
- Review the investor data to determine FATCA and CRS reportable suggestions
- Lead meetings with clients to discuss client workbook and reporting deliverables
- Manage Vendors, their contracts and payments
- Review legal advice and put together jurisdictional expansion forms as required
- Review and comment on amended client contracts
- Assist team members to push annual reporting cycle to completion
- Act as FATCA/CRS, International Tax SME and speak with clients on a regular basis
- Oversee the portfolio of team projects
- Provide training to staff
- Resolve Portal Issues
- Coordinate with relevant tax authorities to resolve reporting issues for FATCA/CRS and the following European investor Tax jurisdictions for mutual and hedge funds: Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Ireland, UK, Belgium and Luxembourg
- Coordinate CBI oversight activities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Knowledge of FATCA and CRS regulations
- Experience troubleshooting with Jurisdictional Tax Authorities
- Strong problem resolution and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Self-sufficient and motivated
- Attention to detail and concern for quality
- Strong client service focus
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Management Experience
- Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience leading a department preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.