Financial Services - Manager, Extended Assurance - Internal Controls - Edinburgh / Glasgow
This is a high-profile role working with some of the UK’s largest financial services organisations, assisting them in the implementation of UK Corporate Reform and more broadly in developing and enhancing internal control frameworks. The team has seen year on year double digit revenue growth and significant headcount increases to stake a claim as number one in its market. The opportunity to join the team is therefore one for whom only the highest performers will qualify.
Our UK Financial Services Extended Assurance (EA) Practice provides services to clients in the banking, insurance and wealth management sectors, specifically focused on the provision of assurance over governance, processes and controls across the three lines of defence. The UK Government’s recent consultation paper on Corporate Reform will have a significant impact on our clients, requiring, among a broader range of proposals, the implementation of a framework for assessing and attesting to the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting – similar to requirements under US SOX.
EA provides support and advice to our clients by helping them to build and improve controls that mitigate business, operational, regulatory and reporting risks.
Your key responsibilities
Our rapidly growing EA practice is currently recruiting high quality individuals with deep knowledge of internal controls and the UK financial services sector. You will benefit from working with a dynamic and highly skilled team of financial services professionals on some of EY’s highest profile clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deliver assurance and advice across a range of clients in the banking, insurance and wealth management sectors and across the three lines of defence
- Produce reports and analysis on the design and operating effectiveness of internal control frameworks used by our clients to mitigate a broad range of strategic, operational and regulatory risks
- Develop your own portfolio of assurance projects, taking responsibility for delivery on complex deadline-driven engagements, including internal control projects arising from UK Corporate Reform
- Expanding your network as you build relationships with senior client and EY stakeholders
- Develop and broaden your knowledge of governance, business, operational and regulatory processes in order to provide clients with high quality advice and support.
- Develop new business opportunities and ideas through projects and managing stakeholders
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in delivering internal audit or compliance programmes to the financial services sector, with a good working knowledge of internal control frameworks
- Experience in delivering SOX (or equivalent) compliance services, or implementing SOX frameworks
- Recognised qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIA. CIMA or equivalent) or an equivalent professional qualification relating to Internal Controls
- Experience leading assurance engagements in Manager role or equivalent
- Strong communication, project management and problem-solving skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working in a globally recognised accountancy practice
- Experience providing assurance services to financial services clients
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about your career with us and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues and leaders around
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- A genuine commitment to diversity, belonging and inclusion: how far you take your career at EY depends only on how much leadership you are willing to offer