Associate Director, Business Architect
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
Join Standard Chartered' s Treasury Modelling and Platforms team in Warsaw to spearhead the digitization of Treasury globally. Power through challenging projects. Gain a 360° learning experience. Develop communication and collaboration skills in an international workplace. Learn how to monetize on technology investments. Work alongside best in class Haskell programming team on cutting edge solutions dedicated to balance sheet optimization, stress testing and forecasting.
Due to the innovative nature of your work you will be eligible for Intellectual Property tax benefits. We offer flexi working - 2 days in office, 3 days from home and option cater for special arrangements if required.
Treasury Modelling and Platforms journey started 10 years ago in Singapore and Hong Kong, we then rapidly expanded to the Western hemisphere with successful build-up of the Warsaw Hub. Warsaw has recently become our new headquarters housing 90% of the team including management roles relocated from Singapore. Our team is truly diversified, English speaking and closely collaborates with teams globally.
Our Treasury Modelling Hub in Warsaw is responsible for driving Treasury's Digitalization Strategy. Treasury Liquidity modelling and design team are on the front line of the digital transformation providing insights to new technologies and technical proficiency to enhance Treasury's capabilities across forecasting, advanced analytics and balance sheet optimisation.
One of key foundations of the transformation is a fully inhouse developed platform ("T-Strats") which provides the bank with liquidity scenario modelling capabilities. Scenarios generated on the platform are used as a base for balance sheet optimization, Recovery and Resolution submissions and in daily internal risk reporting. The future journey for the platform is an exciting one that will advance its capabilities to cover key risk indicators forecasts and enrich modelling functionalities allowing users to customize and undertake ad-hoc scenario modelling. The tool will be critical to support Treasury and our business partners to actively manage structural metrics (e.g. NSFR) and optimize balance sheet funding that ultimately shape decision at senior committees.
The platform is being developed through rapid system development in an agile model with a use of Haskell as a main functional language. Prototypes are mainly prepared with use of Excel/VBA or Python.
The main objective of this role is to support the end to end business solution across Balance Sheet Management (BSM) platforms and Functional Design / Product Ownership of in-house built Treasury Strats Liquidity Risk Management solution. Successful candidates are expected to be solution architects and change managers responsible for conceptualization, functional design, prototyping, solution validation, effective embedment and ongoing maintenance of regulatory and internal risk reporting and forecasting solutions developed in-house.
- Defines the methodology to calculate and forecast balance sheet positions and key Treasury, Risk and Balance Sheet Management metrics.
- Designs the relevant data extracts as inputs to models and solutions, considering the balance between accuracy and model performance.
- Develops calculation prototypes in excel to communicate complex requirements to Technology partners.
- Designs efficient and effective system workflows, and ensures that the platform is compliant with various Bank policies.
- Documents all underlying methodologies, design, assumptions and operating models.
- Provides ongoing product management maintenance and support.
- Supports, as the SME, the migration of tactical solutions to strategic platforms.
- Manages communications with desks, policy owners and risk managers to understand user needs, resolve issues and promote usage of the products developed.
- Schedules and manages workloads for individual projects.
- Provides input into the strategic direction of Treasury platforms and plan projects accordingly.