Director/ Senior Manager - Investigations
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Have your work valued in more ways than one
We work with UK and international companies, professional firms, regulators, governments and Not-for-Profit organisations. Our work can involve providing litigation support to clients and lawyers, acting as expert accountants in legal cases, investigating fraud and undertaking regulatory investigations. If you like variety and regularly facing new challenges, then this could be for you.
We’ll help you succeed
- Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
- You’ll be a Director (or experienced Senior Manager) in the regional forensics team and you will be expected to lead high profile and complex assignments (investigation and risk management) in areas such as fraud, anti-bribery and corruption, financial and misconduct investigations and regulatory compliance matters.
- You’ll lead your team and be responsible for delivery, of the strategic objectives, including generating leads and cultivating a pipeline of work, and leading and managing business development activities on a regional and national basis. You’ll be responsible for general project management, including project finances, risk issues, budgeting and billing
- This role will develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges and to identify issues and challenges with data or calculations. You’ll review and input into potentially complex financial models, present and explain findings in a clear and concise manner to clients.
You’ll be someone with
- People leadership experience with a proven track record in forensic accounting across a range of sectors; candidate should be at Director level or an established senior manager
- Proven experience of leading fraud investigations for large listed companies and high-profile SMEs.
- An accounting qualification is essential (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA);
- Fraud and financial crime related qualifications preferred (e.g. ACFS, CFE, CAMS);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; logical, analytical, articulate, confident and professional. Experienced at c-suite level
- Strong interest in business development and ability to generate new ideas to expand forensic service lines. Tangible experience of winning work and success in local and national markets
- Willing to travel regularly locally, nationally, and internationally
- You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
- At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.