Senior Commercial Finance Analyst (Trade)
We have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Trade Analyst to join our Trade Finance Team which is part of the Commercial Finance function. Next generates sales of over £5bn per annum and the Trade team is responsible for the provision of all sales reporting and analysis relating to these sales. Working closely with the Trade Finance Manager you will be involved in the reporting of sales, by all of our many different revenue streams, and regular analysis of sales performance across the wider industry. This could include the regular daily or weekly reporting, information for our external city communications or ad hoc requests for insight.
Specifically you will act as a business partner to the Commercial Finance teams, helping to understand and scope out data/information needs and then work with the other members of the Trade Team to develop robust and reliable information to service those needs. Act as a conduit between Finance and the Trade Team, moving the team forward with the vision of being a data reporting and insight team (expanding out from sales, incorporating key KPI’s and helping to ensure ‘one version of the truth’).
You will deputise and work closely with the Trade Finance Manager, attending key meetings with senior management and help to meet deadlines around external and internal communications as well as supporting with ad hoc analysis and requests.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high profile Analyst, who will work with all of the different Finance departments to collate, interpret and summarise information that will be presented throughout the business.
The role is based at our head office in Enderby, Leicestershire but we can offer hybrid working for part of the week.
So what are we looking for?
- An experienced, ambitious analyst with an inquisitive mind and excellent analytical and reporting skills (ideally part of fully qualified but not essential dependant on experience).
- Business Partner experience with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- IT literate with advanced Excel and reporting skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritise workloads to ensure key tasks are achieved to the highest standards.
- A can-do attitude, who will be flexible to the changing needs of the business and works well under pressure.
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved. Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
- Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.
- Flexible/compressed hours have been introduced and this is something that can be discussed further at interview as each department will be doing it slightly differently.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.