Product Owner Associate
As part of the Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting (FAIR) - Features & Functions team you will have a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Development of the pragmatic feature solutions for transitioning from various non-strategic solutions to Everest
- Partner with Business and Technology teams in order to Identify business requirements and recommend efficient solutions following Minimum Viable Product development approach
- Prioritize of the backlog of user stories for delivery, based on alignment to the schedule deployment plan
- Assist in the creation of efficient, integrated operating models and infrastructure
- In partnership with Implementation leads, Release managers, Project managers and other data SMEs understand various Lines of Business and asset class data and source system flows and complexities as it relates to the Finance and Risk applications and infrastructure
- Work in an Agile framework to write business requirements (in the form of user stories) to enhance the data and/or toolsets
- Act as an interface with control partners, ensuring projects comply with all risk and control
- Define project requirements and deliverables by identifying, driving and participating in project milestones, phases as well as specific action items
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Perform user acceptance testing and form an opinion about the overall features & functions pertaining to each change
- Actively participate and collaborate in work stream meetings and ad hoc working sessions including driving agendas, preparing meeting minutes and keeping track of agreed actions
- Facilitate the effective meetings and discussions with Business and Technology Stakeholders on different levels of the organization
- Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution and taking corrective action as necessary
- Other ad-hoc requests as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree required
- At least 4 years of overall work experience in financial services and/or regulatory reporting
- Experience in design of IT system features and functions
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering results across multiple teams and interdependencies
- Experience with understanding and testing large quantities of data across multiple products
- Experience in Agile delivery and the JIRA tool is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
- Overall strong desktop skills with particular emphasis in Microsoft Excel & Visio
- Familiarity with Agile development like Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of data tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, SQL/other databases will be a benefit
- Ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Ability to quickly assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative, ownership and accountability
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Candidate must be comfortable with frequently changing priorities
- Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage relationships across global, diverse Finance, Risk, Technology and Operations and relevant subject-matter experts
- Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Team oriented, inquisitive, critical thinker who anticipates questions from internal clients and senior management
- Sound judgment, professional maturity and personal integrity, strong work ethic, proactive and results-oriented
- Detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.