Senior Associate, Corporate Finance - Due Diligence
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Corporate Finance team as a Senior Associate, Transaction Services. This diverse team of professionals maximizes our clients’ potential so they can seize opportunities as they emerge within an evolving business landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide innovative solutions that meet clients’ divestiture, financing, due diligence and acquisition goals.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist financial and corporate acquirers and vendors in evaluating M&A opportunities by understanding deal hypotheses and company value drivers and risks
- Develop project plans and coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders
- Conduct detailed analysis relating to quality of earnings reviews, sustainability of EBITDA, quality of assets, working capital profile and potential risks and opportunities
- Build and prepare technical based analysis, projections, forecasts and models
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market
- Research and formulate market and industry trends, broad synopsis and general conclusions
- Design and develop high-quality deliverables including engagement letters, reports, presentations and correspondence
- Identify innovative ways to deliver added value to clients; ensure client needs are met and relationships grow and develop
- Participate in business development initiatives and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a related field is considered an asset
- CPA designation
- 3 years of professional services experience, transaction or due diligence services experience is considered an asset
- Extensive experience in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Strong technical accounting skills with detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.