About the role:
We are currently looking for a Finance Coordinator to work within our Accounts Payable operation at Next.
As a Finance Coordinator, you will be part of the team responsible for supporting and maintaining great supplier relationships. At Next we have over 6000 active suppliers on our database so you will help to ensure our accounts payable process is smooth and effective by making sure that our invoices paid to suppliers are recorded correctly, paid on time and also help to resolve any issues or queries.
For this role we are looking for people who have strong accuracy and communication skills, enjoy solving problems, work well in a team and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Please note that this role is based in our head office in Enderby with Monday-Friday office hours.
About the role:
- Monitor Accounts Payable processes to ensure invoices are recorded properly, approved promptly and paid on time.
- Preparation of supplier payment runs to select correct supplier payments and ensure that these are verified and checked in line with business processes. Support the business achieving Prompt Payment Code requirements.
- Work with suppliers to resolve their queries quickly to aid prompt payment.
- Perform supplier and ledger reconciliations and relevant accruals.
- Identify and raise opportunities for continuous improvement taking the lead in solving problems and work as part of a team to solve more complex issues.
- Ad Hoc activities such as reviewing/analysing data and system improvement testing.
- Strictly adhere to business policies and controls.
- Experience in finance administration and transactions, preferably Accounts Payable.
- High attention to detail and analytical skills (with the use of spreadsheets)
- Problem solving skills / Logical thought process
- Effective communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Positive and proactive approach to workload
- Work well in a team environment
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved (6% paid in 2020) Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.