Financial Accounting Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
How can we quantify expectations about the future of the economy? As an analyst in the Scenario Analytics team you will have an opportunity to understand how models are used for generating macroeconomic projections and contribute to generating those projections, which serve as the basis of stress testing, strategic decision making and accounting.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Inclusive and welcoming environment
- Opportunity to learn about generating macroeconomic scenarios
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Contingent/Leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley
- Contract via 3rd party agency
- Coordinate with global controllers and supporting teams to ensure correct book-keeping of firm-wide space & occupancy expenses and underlying lease accounting (ASC842, IFRS16)
- Complete active cost pool review and controlling of space & occupancy costs during month-end close
- Prepare Balance sheet and expense account reconciliations for internal audit purposes
- Prepare monthly reporting: prepare global support service divisional reporting packs with commentary on a monthly basis, and specific consolidated allocation reports
- Prepare yearly IFRS disclosure for leases in case of standalone entities
- Liable for preparation of Month on Month and Year on Year analysis and commentary for firm-wide space & occupancy allocations
- Carry out tasks related to the job in accordance with the instructions of the superior (ad hoc report)
- Completed Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience in Finance or Accounting
- Solid knowledge of finance or accounting concepts
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Good communication skills, fluency in English
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment quickly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage various deadlines and downstream dependencies
Global Corporate Controllers are responsible for Morgan Stanley’s financial records, ensuring that the assets and liabilities of Morgan Stanley are properly controlled, and providing accurate and timely financial information both to senior management and externally to statutory and regulatory bodies. The Budapest team is a vital part of the global operations, representing more than 80% of the team globally.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Throughout your contingent/leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley, you will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are helping to shape the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management and Data & Analytics.
Interested in flexible working opportunities?
Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/leased assignment.
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite at Morgan Stanley you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Morgan Stanley’s skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.