Fund Accounting-Team Lead
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Fund Accounting is a division of Northern Trust’s Global Fund Service Fund Administration group. Fund Accounting delivers valuation, accounting and administration services to Northern Trust’s Global Fund Services clients. The team lead will be responsible for supervising and supporting a team of Accountants within the Traditional Fund Accounting team, assisting with workflow distribution, and organize the team’s priorities in order to maximize the effectiveness of the team. The team lead will work with his/her team to assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitor client deliverables and ensure timely and accurate completion of all required work. The team lead will also work with the section manager in identifying, mitigating and foreseeing potential risks to the business operations.
Major Duties / Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the team in order that all deadlines are met in an efficient manner
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information
- Ensure Valuations are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Carry out duties in accordance with procedures and SLAs
- Work closely with Manager on various processes / projects
- Ensure all fees / expenses are paid on time
- Reconcile all queries in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Manage any potentially difficult situations which may impact on the clients by developing a close working relationship with client / client facing contacts.
- Proactively and effectively establish a level of client knowledge ensuring all requirements is met and allow the team build the relationship further.
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core procedures.
- Seek to learn quickly and strive to continually improve service offered.
- Encourage others to come forward with ideas.
- Look to meet and improve the preparation of client reporting.
- Act as effective team leader within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
- Deliver training /coaching effectively.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to staff.
- Liaise with other units – Portfolio Management, Custody, Accounting Control, Financial Reporting etc.
- Consistently prioritize team goals above individual goals.
- Understand risk in own team; help others to understand this and to recognize that risk is everyone’s responsibility.
- Respond flexibly to the needs of the current situation, amend own work program to deliver desired outputs.
- Perform tasks of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to all tasks are adhered to, including daily NAV Pack reviews, and ownership of the monthly control process and fund checklists.
- Support the implementation of business plans.
- Manage the allocation of the workload in a fair and efficient manner.
- Delegate appropriately
- Candidate to have a minimum 6 years of experience in related industry, currently working as a Technical Coordinator (24 months in the role) / Team Leader with at least 2 years in supervising teams.
- Accounting / financial services/ capital markets work experience or equivalent knowledge
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence of strong operations knowledge including secondary review & controls, risks & mitigation
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence day to day team management, mentor/coach team members and sharing feedback
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence analytical ability, problem solving, and escalation of issues
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Office specifically Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence excellent written and verbal language skills, ability to independently address technical & non-technical issues, knowledge share / training sessions conducted , proactively troubleshoot and manage escalations, and work with global teams
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence, the above listed core skills and competencies in the current role over a period.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.