Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Why this role is important to us
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a financial reporting, senior associate (supervisor) you will
- Oversee a number of client relationships as first line manager.
- Review annual and semi-annual financial statements for a variety of Fund structures and Canadian clients (including Schedules of Investments, Statements of Financial Position, Statements of Comprehensive Income, Statements of Changes in Net Assets, Statements of Cash Flows, Notes to Financial Statements and Management Report of Fund Performance) as per IFRS and NI 81-106 regulations.
- Coordinate external and internal audits.
- Support Financial Reporting Officer in the identification, design and implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Manage the process of updating and maintaining of the Excel based financial statements and database information related to client specific reporting.
- Review industry regulatory changes and accounting updates on a regular basis so that client financial reporting needs are current with industry standards.
- Communicate regularly with clients as required, to provide financial reporting and tax and audit information as well as regulatory updates on client’s funds.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- The Supervisor, Financial Reporting is responsible for reviewing and managing the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial statements and investment reports for Canadian based mutual and institutional funds.
- The Supervisor, Financial Reporting will be responsible for planning the preparation and delivery of client reports and ensuring the quality and timeliness of all financial reporting for their assigned Canadian Mutual Fund clients.
- As required, Supervisor, Financial Reporting will lead project teams in the creation of special reports to address specific client needs and internal reporting requirements.
- The Supervisor, Financial Reporting will be expected to communicate with clients, external audit firms and other areas within State Street and to participate in timely problem resolution.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in preparation of investment fund financial statements
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Access)
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Superior attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of Canadian Fund Reporting and Regulatory Environment requirements outlined under IFRS and NI 81-106
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University/College degree
- CPA/CFA designation or currently working towards preferred
- 2-3 years experience in the investment fund industry with financial reporting experience required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.