Financial Accountant - Opex
Role: Financial Accountant - Operating Expenses
This is an opportunity to join our Global Finance Team in Dublin. Our Finance team is home to over 200 Finance professionals. You will have the opportunity to have autonomy and exposure to exciting areas of our business including many countries. You will be expected to bring a commercial mindset to this role providing finance support to the Primark’s international markets as required.
Purpose of role: Accounting for operating expenses at a group and country level
Reports to: Finance Manager: Operating Expenses
- Involvement in the preparation of periodic financial and management accounts as required
- Responsible for the calculation various operating expense accruals
- Supporting on the analysis of operating expenditure as required
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods)
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes
- Supporting International Projects for example new market entry
- Ensure proper books and records are held in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local requirements (tax, accounting, legal etc)
- Management of the group audit teams, and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of statutory obligations. This will require strong coordination skills, in particular within Primark’s Finance teams & with our external Audit Team
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management
- Significant cross-functional working across Finance and other areas of the business
- Support the development of trainee accountants in the team
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or Equivalent).
- Newly qualified or one-year post qualification experience (experience working in or with retail industry an advantage).
- Excellent Project Management skills – demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to present complex information in an understandable manner and communicate to all levels within the business.
- First-rate planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Commercial awareness with an ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Excellent attention to detail while also demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic.
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to influence.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
- Working with Others; Influences with passion and energy, exciting people in their vision
- Decision Making; Makes informed decisions with pace and confidence, in difficult and pressured situations
- Self-Direction and Agility; Promotes a culture of optimism, enthusiasm and mutual support
- Customer Experience; Understands, always considers and delivers for their customer. Demonstrates a high level of trust, collaboration, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Innovation; Implements a plan for managing and responding to innovative ideas and business opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.