Accounts Payable Manager
About the Role:
As the Accounts Payable Manager you will have a wider team of 9 with 2 direct reports and you will also be supported by a team of c14 in our offshore team. In this role you will manage and lead the Accounts Payable team ensuring accurate, efficient and timely processing of the business’ accounts payable transactions and outbound payments with the support of robotics. You will also devise and implement process improvements, participate in project initiatives and interpret and act upon management information.
The Accounts Payable department receives over 1 million invoices per year and we challenge ourselves to ensure all of our suppliers are paid within 30 days (sometimes even faster!).
Accounts payable at Next is fast-paced, and everything we do is geared toward offering a first class service not only to the wider business but to our valued suppliers.
We are constantly striving to improve the efficiency and accuracy of our processing, and get everything “right first time”.
With this in mind we are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager who is highly motivated, can work at pace and can deliver results whilst also juggling multiple work streams and projects. You will also be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels, and have experience working in a changing environment with systems transformation.
- Recruit, manage, develop and train the non-branded accounts payable team and oversee the activities of the supporting offshore resource
- Ensure that appropriate controls are in place and strictly followed at all stages of the process and all procedures are properly documented
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, including VAT and Prompt Payment
- Interface with the wider business to support on any issues and encourage best practice, timely invoice submission & approval
- Identify tasks for the robotics & offshore resource to ensure optimal use of the head office team and lead on resource planning to ensure that the team are able to consistently meet the needs of the business as it changes and grows
- Monitor and maximise the productivity of the department
- Ownership of weekly balance sheet reconciliations for the department along with provision of commentaries on trend analysis and for variances against forecast
- Monitor, interpret and act upon management information reporting and devise new reporting as required to support the objectives of the team
- Coordinate regular supplier payment runs to ensure accuracy
- Support on projects and system upgrades as required and coordinate any associated testing
- Support on cash flow monitoring activities
- Manage supplier relationships to provide a first class service and ensure that Next is seen as a supplier of choice
- An excellent people manager with experience managing, developing and motivating high performance accounts payable teams within a fast paced and challenging environment
- A change manager, who will champion and deliver continuous improvement and efficiency, manage projects and support business growth whilst enabling teams to succeed by providing them with the right tools and knowledge
- A proven track record of delivering results together with an ability to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple work streams and projects whilst working to strict deadlines
- An effective communicator who builds strong business relationships internally and externally and is confident in leading discussions and able to influence at all levels
- Experience devising, implementing and ensuring compliance with effective controls within a finance setting
- Strong planning and organisational skills"
About UsYou know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.