Vice President - International Corporate & Investment Bank Recovery & Resolution
The International CIB Recovery & Resolution Team is responsible for overseeing the delivery of Recovery and Resolution (R&R) submissions across EMEA, APAC and LATAM, as well as for related local regulatory interactions. The team also leads on analysis of new R&R policy publications, and input to industry advocacy work.
The Team is responsible for liaising with stakeholders across both the business and functional areas to ensure these regulatory submissions are delivered in line with US and local regulatory requirements and timelines, as applicable, with appropriate controls in place to ensure completeness and accuracy. Key stakeholders include other collegaues with the CIB Treasury Function, Legal Entity Control, Capital Management, Corporate Treasury, Risk and Digital & Platform Services. Key team deliverables are as follows:
- Managing the Recovery Plan program for assigned CIB legal entities.
- Delivery of resolution data templates which provide detail on the in scope legal entities as well as data on the key business activities of these entities.
- Input to and coordination of the EMEA and APAC elements of the Firmwide Resolution submission.
- Implementation of new R&R requirements across UK and EMEA entities
- Responding to additional ad hoc information requests from the local and US regulators, where these impact the and supporting EMEA ex-UK entities in responding to R&R information requests from local regulators.
Role Description and Responsibilities
The role will be responsible for overseeing the program management activities in the delivery of relevant R&R requirements and will also include the opportunity to develop technical knowledge of the regulatory frameworks and the policy requirements underpinning these.
- Management of Recovery Plan program deliverables for the EU entities, including project management and provision of technical expertise to ensure high quality regulatory submissions which meet local regulatory requirements, while aligning to the Firmwide Recovery framework.
- Management of resolution template submissions, including interpretation of regulatory guidance, project management of template data collection and performance of quantitative and qualitative analyses, as needed.
- Assessment of new R&R regulatory policy requirements, including consideration of the impacts for the firm, syndication across internal stakeholders and input into industry advocacy discussions.
- Ensuring proper governance is maintained around the delivery of R&R submissions, including: definition of project scope, stakeholders, risks and issues; drafting of project plan and business requirements; and establishment and facilitation of forums for discussion of issues, progress and dependencies, as and when needed.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Treasury, Risk, Operations etc.)
- Delivery of responses to ad-hoc regulatory requests and preparation of internal R&R analysis, as required.
- Input to and presentation at the monthly EMEA Recovery & Resolution Steering Committee
- Contribution of enhancement ideas to further improve ‘the way we work’.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and deliver key projects to regulatory and internal timelines. Additional qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years business financial services experience, with at least 3 years process/project management experience
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Excellent multitasking, prioritizing and time management skills
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage to changes in plan
- Strong attention to detail, ability to articulate complex issues concisely and influence stakeholders
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior people, manage senior management expectations, lead appropriate decision-making and control/deliver on responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong issue management and resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Excellent working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Awareness of and experience in the finance industry regulatory environment, in particular, prior R&R experience desirable
- Awareness of accounting and legal entity control desirable
- Knowledge of capital and liquidity rules and frameworks desirable
- Knowledge of Investment Bank businesses and high-level transaction flow
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.