Risk & Internal Control Manager - 12 Month FTC
The aim to shape the future of food might seem ambitious to some, but to us in Kerry Taste and Nutrition, it's all in a day’s work. Kerry is dedicated to helping create better-tasting, more authentic and nutritious food and beverages. We produce safe, quality products that help feed millions every day. Wherever you are, we can work together to create inspiring solutions that nourish life
About The Role
We are looking to recruit an experienced Risk and Internal Control Manager to partner with management to lead continual risk assessment in the maintenance/development of comprehensive policies, procedures, and compliance training.
This exciting role will also manage the implementation of risk management and internal control strategies and processes across the Group. Ultimately, you will ensure Kerry secures its reputation, profitability and safeguarding of its assets by controlling and managing risk while promoting a culture of risk awareness.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract role, with view to extension after the 12-month period.
What will I be doing?
- Develop risk management controls and systems as part of Kerry’s governance, risk and compliance structure
- Play a leading role in Kerry’s annual risk assessment process and management of the group risk register in conjunction with the Group Country Compliance Risk Director and the Head of Internal Audit.
- Work with Kerry’s 1st and 2nd lines of defence to identify, measure and report on operational risk
- Work in partnership with the risk owners on behalf of the Risk Oversight Committee
- Lead, maintain and manage Kerry’s internal control self-assessment (KCSA) process to include use of related systems (Archer)
- Partner with all function heads globally to promote KCSA to ensure 100% completion rates across all related sites
- Drive remediations as part of any deficiencies identified during internal control engagements
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures to identify governance opportunities and areas for improvement
- Manage operational risks and internal controls fragmented across the business
- Prepare reports and present recommendations to senior management to include all KCSA function score report presentations
What do I need to be successful?
In Kerry we understand that people have very different career trajectories and experiences. In order to be successful in this role we would be looking for the right competencies and aptitudes as well as your proven track record of success in a similar role and environment.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), 3+ years PQE
- Audit background preferable
- Good knowledge of Corporate Governance activities
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication, presentation and Knowledge Sharing Skills
- Ability to work and support cross functionally
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines
What will I get in return?
At Kerry, we believe in giving talented, curious people the opportunity to make a difference.
We work as a team, searching for the best ways to inspire food and nourish life.
We are a community of innovators, working across disciplines to solve global food challenges with a fresh approach. We want you to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
We also offer:
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Hybrid working
- Health Care Cover
- Matched pension scheme
- Benefits platform offering discounts and cashback on major retailers including Tesco, Curry’s, Argos, and many others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.