Regulatory Capital Governance and Control Lead – VP
Citibank Europe plc (“CEP”) has assets of circa $90 billion and branches in 22 European countries. CEP is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and as a significant European financial institution, is supervised under the Single Supervisory Mechanism by the European Central Bank (“ECB”).
The Finance Capital planning team are responsible for co-ordinating the ICAAP, forecasting RWA and play a key role in providing analysis to facilitate senior management decisions. The Governance and Control lead is responsible for supporting regulatory governance by ensuring compliance with and enhancement of the internal control framework.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with a large range of stakeholders across Citigroup. The position provides the opportunity to deepen an understanding of governance and control in a dynamic global bank with increasing regulatory requirements.
- Assessing and reviewing compliance with local, regional and global standards and policies.
- Responsible for organising working groups across functions (including Finance, Risk and Treasury) to track and manage SREP requirements and regulatory commitments relevant to capital planning and ICAAP.
- Maintain and co-ordinate gap analysis on ECB regulatory capital requirements as they pertain to ICAAP.
- Co-ordinate and ensure robust documentation in place to support the ICAAP process and deliverables including managing and supporting compliance with internal controls framework (MCA process).
- Preparing and coordinating agenda and various governance materials for the Capital and Liquidity Adequacy Steering Group, ALCO and EXCO, and Board.
- Review and co-ordination of updates to process maps.
- Co-ordination of reviews by Internal Audit and ICRM.
- Local ICAAP point of contact for all process and governance related matters.
- Support the team with ad hoc tasks.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in a financial services control function or in audit.
- Knowledge and experience of capital management processes for a regulated financial services firm, through one or more lens of ICAAP, CCAR, Treasury, Capital management, Risk Management or other related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience with documentation, governance, risk management and control requirements and best practices for ICAAP or capital forecasting processes.
- Be precise with strong attention to details and have a control focused mind-set.
- Have experience in interpreting and applying internal policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and complete tasks within pre-agreed deadlines.
- Superior MS Excel, Power point, Share point, Teams skills.
- Experience in communicating and interacting with senior management, regulators, and auditors.
- Proactive and takes the initiative, collaborative and builds relationships across the organisation, Strong team player.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, would be beneficial.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.