Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Join the Financial Reporting team and learn the rules and regulations that drive financial statement disclosures and other regulatory filings. As a Financial Reporting Senior Associate you will work with team members to produce and/or review client monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial statements, regulatory filings and other periodic reporting as per GAAP requirements. You will engage with clients, auditors and other State Street teams to resolve issues, answer inquiries and process comments while working towards readying client financial statements and filings for finalization. You will also help assist with the activities of offshore teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting, Senior Associate you will
- You will perform 1st level or 2nd level reviews on client financial statements, Form N-MFP, Form N-PORT Part F, process and clear comments and assist with draft and support distribution to client and auditors.
- You will maintain electronic documentation for each respective fund during a given reporting cycle.
- You will ensure that all deliverables are completed accurately and within agreed upon time.
- You will implement all standard practices, processes, tools, and technology enhancements.
- You will participate in the research and resolution of accounting, client and auditor issues.
- You will draft and update task lists for both local and offshoring partners, ensure all supporting documentation is available to them and act as primary contact to answer their questions and issues.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in related accounting or finance field preferred.
- This position is a fulltime work from home with a periodic office visit for meetings.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Toronto, Canada
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.