1. Job Purpose:
Support the audit function in the delivery of audit work across the department, adherence to required standards and all tasks are completed on time, to standard, and within budget.
2. Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- All those involved in the delivery of audit work
- Partners & colleagues in other service lines who are key stakeholders in audit clients
- Client contacts
- Supervision of Audit semi seniors & assistants
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC
3. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Implementation of all allocated client audit work ensuring effective team workflow
- Arrange & lead audit planning meetings
- Preparation or delegation of key client audit work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to the KR Way standards of performance document (in particular The Life of an Audit) liaising with Senior Manager/manager/Assistant Manager where necessary on complex or key areas
- Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
- Research and seeking to resolve issues for upward communication in more complex clients or higher risk aspects of audit work
- Prepare the whole of the completion section including Going Concern, full KAF, etc
- Complete administration on audit files and set up relevant file reviews ensuring all sections (except complex technical areas) are of a standard to be reviewed by a manager
- Where agreed, review of audit assistants’ work
- Clearance of manager & appropriate RI review points
- Provide assistance to other members of the service line as required
- Contribute to the preparation of bills for own/team audit work done where required
- Act as a key point of contact for any ‘outsourced’ team members
- Apply learnings from one audit to the next
- Keep APS workflow up to date
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Act as a key point of contact for nominated clients during audit fieldwork
- Make proactive contact throughout the year outside of the direct audit process to maintain relationship momentum and for instance arranging stock takes where relevant
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within the required deadline and ensure promises are kept wherever possible
- Attend Audit review and close down meetings for clients as required
- Ensure client hygiene factors are in place, AML, KYC reviews, engagement letters, etc
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Supervise semi seniors & assistants who are involved in production and delivery of audit work and ensure work is reviewed appropriately, as agreed
- Ensure clear task plans & milestones for each piece of audit work
- Provide feedback to all team members involved in specific audit work on adherence to standards, errors, learnings and opportunity for value add
- Arrange debrief meetings
- Provide appropriate training to new starters and more junior team members where appropriate
New Business Development
- Support the Audit team in delivering the required departmental incremental fee target via networking (internal & external), and meeting attendance
- Contributing to business pitches, articles & webinar content
- Develop internal Kreston Reeves connections such that access and support are identified by other internal departments to their own client base & cross referral opportunities identified
4. Values – Demonstrates ‘living’ of the company’s values.
- Understand - Be curious, ask more & listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.