Senior Associate, Fund Services
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance – whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
The Fund Accountant is primarily responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for one / more funds including calculating / reporting the daily NAV per unit, and compiling standard weekly and/or monthly financial statements, and income and expense accruals.
- Responsible in preparing a timely and accurate Net Assets Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- To record accurately, and in accordance with the policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Write reports periodically to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Research, as assigned, certain securities in Fund portfolios for the purpose of ensuring proper accounting treatment (such as the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with SC, tax, and prospectus restrictions and limitations.
- Prepare, reconcile and distribute reports to/from custodians and investment management.
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis as directed. Assist in timely preparation of client reports.
- Resolve queries from clients.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues on day-to-day fund activities. Act as effective team member by imparting knowledge as appropriate and assist in the development of new procedures or enhancement to current processes to improve team productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant fields.
- At least 4-5 years of work experience in the bank, trustee, and Asset Management Company.
- Previous fund accounting experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgement skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of the need for high-touch client service.
- Strong written and communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Our offices are easily accessible by public transportation (LRT & Monorail)
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF.
Applications close: 30 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.