FY24 Tax Associate - Business Tax Advisory (SURF 2022)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte's Tax & Legal Services help companies and individuals manage their tax costs and obligations effectively, especially in the area of cross-border tax matters. Leveraging on Deloitte's global resources and reach, our Tax professionals keep clients abreast of developments that have tax implications and advise them in structuring investments, merger and acquisitions, transfer pricing, tax planning and compliance.
The successful candidate will work in our Business Tax Advisory team and work with a team providing tax advisory services to an interesting mix of corporate clients spread across industries. Responsibilities will include supporting team members in undertaking research on local and international tax issues, advising on Singapore corporate tax and stamp duty matters, cross-border restructurings, tax treaties, withholding tax matters, permanent establishment matters, mergers and acquisitions (due diligence, acquisition structuring, post-acquisition restructurings) and drafting tax advisory memos.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
You should have a degree, preferably in Accountancy, Law or an equivalent professional qualification. Previous work experience is not required. To make a difference, you should be:
- Fluent in English communications, both verbal and written
- Analytical and meticulous
- Capable of working under tight deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.