Partner Finance - Senior Associate
This is a hugely varied role suitable for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are stimulated by producing work for the most senior stakeholders and can adapt quickly to short deadlines. The role requires a grounding in traditional finance tasks combined with exceptional IT skills, a commitment to continuous improvement, a desire to provide innovative solutions and excellent attention to detail.
You will support the Partner Finance Management Team in the delivery of a consistently high standard of service to all profit sharing Partners of the EY UK and Irish firms. The Team provide an end-to-end service for the Partners, from admission to retirement and beyond. This includes supporting the profit finalisation and allocation process, paying monthly drawings and quarterly distributions, administering the car scheme and Partner tax payments to HMRC. The team have close relationships with numerous stakeholders within the firm including the most senior Leadership, the wider Finance, EMEIA Tax, Personal Tax Compliance Reporting and Statutory Accounts teams.
As a Senior Associate your priorities will be to ensure a high-quality service to the Partners underpinned by a robust finance structure and effective day-to-day accounting. This will involve responsibility and oversight of the key processes, analysing data to provide insights and support calculations and decision making and supervision of the day-to-day work executed by the junior team members.
Working with the other Senior Associates, you will each have your own key responsibilities, but also support one another during high pressured periods or leave and there will be significant opportunity to learn about and be involved with all aspects of the team.
Your key responsibilities
- Review bank reconciliation
- Overseeing transactions/payments
- Control and check GL reconciliations prepared by team members using a combination of SAP and our internal Partner Finance System (Access Based)
- Interfirm journal preparation
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Ownership of Partner Capital process and liaison with banks
- Fixed Assets review and preparation of quarterly Statutory submissions
- Accounting and billing for Partner secondments and headcount movements
- Monthly communications, creating data and brochures for monthly distribution to the entire Partner population
- Preparation of complex calculations in collaboration with other Level 2s within the team
- EMEIA Partner Reward System
- Partner Performance Review (LEAD) Process
- Reconciliation of tax retentions and oversight of payments to HMRC
- Support in the Joiner and Retirement processes
- Data cleansing
- Modelling for operational support
- Point of contact for ad hoc queries
- Time and project management skills – able to plan and manage time effectively and flex up and down to deal with key priorities.
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the Firm
- Strong IT skills – Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint and be willing to further your IT knowledge
- Highly organised with a sound attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Able to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve complex problems and issues that arise
- The capability to pre-empt deadlines and pursue colleagues for relevant information
- An enthusiastic, can-do approach and a strong team player with capacity to learn new processes and skills quickly
- Work well unsupervised and use initiative where required
Ideally, you’ll also
- Be looking to further your experience of Finance in a less traditional Finance function
- Have a Finance qualification e.g. AAT or relevant degree or be working towards ACCA or CIMA etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Personable and able to build strong relationships both locally and within the wider Firm
- Flexible with workload and priorities to meet changing needs and demands of the role
- Relevant financial experience, strong understanding of GL and month end deadlines
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Able to challenge and to provide persuasive arguments where necessary
- Ability to manage own time and to manage the expectations of numerous stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to share information across a wide range of users in an accessible and dynamic way
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.