Assistant Manager - Financial Management (Petaling Jaya)
KPMG Malaysia Financial Management practice provides support to organisations with the goal of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their finance function through services covering Enterprise Performance Management, Finance Strategy & Transformation, Efficient Finance Operations, Finance Shared Services & Outsourcing and Malaysian Business Reporting System (MBRS) Implementation. Values are delivered through activities such as articulating finance vision and strategy, aligning organisation strategic objectives with long term plans, finance process redesigning and cost reduction through finance process optimization.
- Work closely with Service Line Partner and Executive Director to market and delivering finance function transformation projects.
- Act as a key support to the project and/or workstream lead, tackling client’s key issues, and presenting insights on recommendations and solutions to convince the client to act.
- Act as the project manager or deputy project manager, driving and coordinating the project to successful completion.
- Act as subject matter expert in advising clients in key areas, running workshops and client sessions on key finance issues.
- Leading the development of business proposals and presentations.
- Take an active role in practice and knowledge sharing to support the development of the team.
- Act as performance manager, providing active mentoring, coaching and development of colleagues.
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing personal development through continuous learning and identifying development opportunities.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both clients and fellow colleagues.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager Candidate with specific experience and skills in the following fields:
- Experienced with finance function transformation projects and governance and control frameworks covering finance process re-engineering and cost optimisation through Lean/Six Sigma Methodology, financial control framework design and implementation and finance systems.
- Experienced in complex accounting change programme including new MFRS and GAAP conversions.
- Experienced in project management including development of project plans, provide project advisory to the project stakeholders and key sponsors and perform quality assurance on project deliverables, with a proven track record in delivering quality.
- Degree or Master’s in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited college/university; professional qualifications such as ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA or equivalent.
- Strong communicator with interpersonal skills to build robust and lasting relationships with client and colleagues
- Excellent understanding of leading practices on financial management, processes and trends.
- Robust understanding of issues and challenges faced by finance functions including those presented by the changing regulatory environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.