Tax and Financial Reporting, Officer (German Language Specialist) (Part Time)
Who we are looking for
We offer an "Officer" position within the "SCD Tax and Financial Reporting" Team in Luxembourg.
Various tasks in a highly motivated team and an ambitious client with an exclusive relationship are waiting for you.
We provide comprehensive support for the clients (only German speaking) assigned to us (among our top 5 clients in terms of AuA). Our tasks include all topics related to the client (s):
- Financial Reporting,
- Regulatory Reporting,
- Any other Client End Reporting requirement
Why this role is important to us
You will work in a team of experts and collaborate with our competence centers in Germany and Poland as partners. As a result, we exclusively communicate with the client, auditors and internal clients.
Join us in order to deliver excellent services and keep high service levels.
What you will be responsible for
As a subject matter expert in our Team you will
- Deliver high quality review of sets of reconciliations and reporting packages to be used in financial reporting for annual and interim reporting cycles
- Communicate with the client and auditors as well as tax authorities and offer solutions for clients' inquiries
- Support for business transitions (technical and planning) and ensure proper governance and controls are in place
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems to increase productivity through the usage of information systems and other tools
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business in order to reduce to a minimum the number of queries to the client(s); track issue trends and escalate as needed
- Own adoption of new tools and solutions and strongly support technical team within the department on preparation to migration, new ideas etc.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls; evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy
What we value
- Fluent/ very good knowledge of spoken and written German (German Client and German outputs/ reports)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English, any other language will be a benefit as well
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Having experience in project work / coordination will be an advantage
- change management oriented
- Comprehensive knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes and/or German Investment Tax
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and trustfully with colleagues and business partners at all levels
- Be solution-oriented and curious
- Enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least min 4-5 years of relevant experience
- BA/MA degree in a related field, e.g. accounting.
- any lateral entrant will be welcomed when it fits with the required skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.