HW Controls and Assurance (HWCA) is the internal audit and advisory service line of Haines Watts Group, a Top 20 Firm of Accountants and Business Advisors.
HWCA has been successfully operating since 1994 providing internal audit, assurance and business advisory services, predominately to the public, charitable, financial service and SME sectors.
Due to our continued success will are looking to add enthusiastic Internal Auditors to our specialist team; exact grade and terms will be dependent upon the individual.
We would be particularly interested in hearing from individuals who are just embarking on their internal audit careers or who are part qualified with 12 months upwards experience.
An HW Internal Auditor would typically be responsible for delivering specific elements of audit and compliance work, depending upon experience this will include audit planning, undertaking fieldwork, feedback and client relations.
This involves developing your inter-personal skills to establish good client relations and promoting the firm in positive light.
The training and development support we offer will enable the successful candidate to develop into a subject matter expert in one or more chosen fields of expertise in addition to becoming a competent internal auditor.
With HWCA the potential for personal growth within the firm is limited only by your own ambition and commitment; we support all staff to achieve their career goals within a growing firm.
A large amount of our work involves providing assurance, and advice to clients on their systems and processes, approach to managing of risk and compliance with regulations and standards.
Candidates from a consultancy or internal function who are currently studying for or recently qualified in a recognised audit and accountancy qualification will be of particular interest. Applicants from a non-financial services background and those who are coming from a risk and controls background who wish to move into Internal Audit will also be of interest.
Successful candidates will display a combination of the following:
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Desire to help clients process improvement through assurance and compliance services
- Understanding of role of audit in delivering compliance services to the Public, Not for Profit and Private Sectors.
- Ideally possess or working towards a recognised audit and accountancy qualification.
- Experience of an audit environment.
- Ability to present on specific subjects to a group of people (internal staff or clients/potential clients).
- Ability to identify and assess risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
- Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships.
- Ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality.
- Excellent team player but able to work on own initiative.
People have always been our business. We know that our success depends in no small way on your expertise, talent and skill. We have built a reputation for working with people to invest heavily in their training and career development. If you can take charge of your career, meet the targets and broaden your expertise, we will provide all the support and the opportunities to realise your full potential.