Senior Officer - Strategic Operational Initiatives
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Strategic Operational Associate to join our Funds Services team at our Boston, MA office.
- Work with manager to assist in documenting Private Equity Fund Services Best Practices to become operational standards across North America
- Assist in Gap Analysis, Milestone Tracking, and Timeline to build accurate project and governance plans for Best Practices Roll-out
- Actively engage in detailed reviews of operational processes of all fund services client service teams, documenting utilization of available technology, manual processes, and inconsistencies across teams in North America.
- Work with manager to document control weaknesses and other risk introducing items and propose mitigation measures
- Develop strong working relationship with location service teams, technology teams, and central operations teams to fully understand the current operating model and ongoing projects throughout the firm.
- Help develop a culture of compliance and risk control to mitigate financial, operational, and reputational risks
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics preferred;
- 5+ years of progressive financial services experience. Private Equity fund accounting experience preferred;
- Strong risk management acumen (identification and mitigation);
- Exceptional client-facing skills including negotiation and influencing at a senior level;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and non-verbal) and ability to operate alongside senior leaders and functional leads;
- Knowledge of conflict-resolution techniques, including experience in collaborating with internal and external parties to meet deadlines, resolve issues, and build partnerships and relationships.;
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, and attention to detail;
- Strong analytic skills and working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting concepts; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.