Payment Controls Team Member
About the role
About the role Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Payment Controls Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work from our Newcastle upon Tyne office 60% of the time with the flexibility of working up to 40% from home.
Role Profile: The Payment Controls team within the Accounts Receivable function provide financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organisation.
What you'll be doing
As a Payment Controls Team Member, you will:
- Banking administration on various banking platform
- Account management
- User management
- Corresponding with various bank contacts regularly
- Payment run checks for the Banking team
- Duplicate checks
- PBA checks
- Foreign payment review for the Banking team
- Processing/reviewing AP refunds
- Supplier amendment reviews
- Bank verifications
- Email verifications
- Address verifications
- Contact verifications
- Outstanding payment reviews
- Investigation of historic holds
- Investigation of payment methods
- Debt recovery
- Liaising with debt recovery agency
- Under 500 internal investigation
- Deal with email queries from internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Communicate within the team to resolve queries efficiently
- Engage positively with team meetings, huddles and wider business forums
- Support team members with workload during times of absence or high activity, to ensure business needs are met
- Maintain good knowledge of ERP and other systems
- Investigating system issues and implementing fixes to improve payment on time for invoices
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities & Experience Essential:
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and multi task due to high volumes of work and tight deadlines
- Meticulous and accurate with impeccable attention to detail
- A confident communicator with a good telephone manner and able to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer focus and a passion for quality service delivery
- Ability to work well within a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to working in different teams as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Working towards T Level 2 or other professional exams e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ICM
- Experience of working within the Oracle ERP System.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.