Manager - Finance (Record to Report) (R2R)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Reporting to the CFO, the desired candidate is responsible for providing support and financial insight to the business units heads through analysing, planning and reporting. He / She is expected to have good self-motivation, result oriented, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collect, interpret, and review financial information and operational data
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual management reports
- Prepare monthly revenue and costs variance analysis for senior management/business units heads
- Prepare rolling forecasts on a monthly basis
- Prepare annual budgets and track performance against the budget
- Provide trend analysis by building and maintaining a database on historical financial data
- Assists in financial modeling and projections as and when required
- Provide support to make strategic decisions on revenue and costs allocations
- Handle a full set of accounts, tax computation and costing
- Monitor compliance to laws and regulations
- Responsible for annual statutory audits
- Manage working capital and cash flow
- Develop strategies that work to minimise financial risk
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy/Finance or Professional Qualifications in Accounting
- Minimum 3-4 years in similar capacity including business partnering
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills is a must including to perform lookups, pivot tables, formulas and macros
- Working experience in ERP (Oracle) preferred
- Attention to details and possess the ability to organize and analyze large amount of data
- Proven communication skills both written and oral and the ability to interact with all levels of staff/management
- Individual contributor role
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.