Payroll Team Member
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our HR Shared Services Team ideally based from Newcastle, however we have offices throughout the UK at locations such as Prescot, Derby and Motherwell too, the role will also include days working from home.
HR shared services:
HR Shared Services provides critical, continual administrative support to employees throughout their entire lifecycle; from posting job adverts like this one, to attract potential candidates, through to the day they leave the company and every aspect in between.
HR Shared Services is made up of core administration teams and specialist teams who look after our 16,000 UK based employees across a range of roles in Construction, Utilities, and Rail.
What you'll be doing
You will join our established payroll team, being a key player in all things payroll, including:
- Processing our weekly and monthly payroll including BACS and RTI
- Validating all payroll output, including data input by employees, the business, and the wider HR Shared Services Team
- Manual calculations from gross to net pay, including NI and PAYE
- Dealing with employee salary and payroll queries
- Interfaces from third party suppliers as well as our internal time and attendance systems
- Being responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating payroll processes
- Payroll reporting
Who we're looking for
- Will have extensive experience in the end-to-end payroll running process and will be proficient in the use of Payroll Software. They will also be competent in producing manual calculations as well as the use of excel.
- Our new team member will, ideally, have worked with a weekly payroll and have an awareness of Working Rules Agreements. They will also be used to high volume workloads and will be able to work towards our KPIs of timeliness and quality.
- A good attention to detail is critical in this role and our successful candidate will take full responsibility for the quality of their own work as well as supporting colleagues in maintaining our high standards.
- Strong verbal and written communicative skills are hugely valued in HR Shared Services; our customers are at the centre of everything we do; we need to ensure that we are able to communicate effectively with them.
Why work for us
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.