Senior Officer - Accounting
For our successful, growing Guernsey office, we are currently looking for a FUND ACCOUNTANT, SENIOR OFFICER. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere, as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As a Senior Officer, you will be responsible for the financial information of a small portfolio of fund clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. The portfolio is likely to comprise a combination of closed-ended private equity, real estate and debt funds.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main accounting point of contact for your clients;
- Taking part in the setup of alternative investment funds and other unregulated vehicles, and liaising with the client, auditors, independent tax specialists, lawyers, and other third parties;
- Maintain the financial records on our specialist fund accounting systems;
- Prepare investment capital accounts, management accounts, regulatory reports and financial statements.;
- Coordinating audits and reviewing any other related reports as part of the accounting and reporting process;
- Coordinate and respond to investor queries requiring financial information;
- Work with the fund administration team to prepare capital call and distribution notices;
- Participate in board meetings and shareholders' meetings where financial reporting matters are considered;
- Be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work that is carried out; and
- Review work produced for submission to senior level staff.
- You will be eager to join a growing team, which has already established itself as the 5th largest independent fund administrator in Guernsey by assets under administration;
- You will be part-qualified or recently qualified Accountant with a good technical understanding of IFRS;
- You will be eager to further develop your technical and industry knowledge through further training opportunities;
- You will have 3 or more years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund accounting, audit or fiduciary services;
- You will be passionate for delivering high standards of client service, possess a team spirit and have the capacity to build strong client relationships;
- You will be ambitious and a good communicator, with a high level of energy and commitment;
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines; and
- You will have high level of IT literacy.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.