Supervisor - Audit
To action the Audit Plan and provide our clients with Knowledge and Business Solutions in their respective markets by decreasing risks and increasing revenue through KPMG audit methodologies.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Complete the planning for the audit
- Complete fieldwork and allocate work as appropriate to audit assistants
- Coaching of audit assistants
- Preparation of financial statements, transmittal letter and any other deliverables
- Keeping manager / Partner informed of progress/issues on a job throughout the audit process
- Responsible for getting Partner and manager reviews done
- Completion documentation and follow up of outstanding information
- Prepare and analyze costs on the WIP for their audits
- Prepare fee note requisition on a timely basis and follow up collection of debtors
- Maintaining good relationship with the client’s financial management
- Overall in charge for medium and large sized clients
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- BSc in accounting or equivalent
- Accounting qualification or equivalent (ACCA, CPA)
- Technically sound, thorough knowledge of IFRS & ISA
Work experience requirements:
- 3 years’ experience (Minimum 2 year post qualification experience)
- Prior experience in dealing in clients involved in real estate, construction and related industries and oil & gas sectors.
- Hands on experience in advanced audit Methodologies
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer Focus
- Mentors new team members
- Proactive and independent person, with ability to initiate tasks independently
- Researching skills- Identifies, documents and shares knowledge that might be useful to others
- Excellent analytical skills- Identifies ways to analyze information quickly and efficiently
- Proficient problem solver- Suggests innovative and creative solutions to problems
- Effective communicator
KPMG was established in the Lower Gulf in 1973 and has grown to over 1,300 professionals, led by more than 90 partners and directors, across six regional offices. Over the last 40 years, KPMG has worked with leading industry players across the region, helping identify and manage risks and capitalize on opportunities - making us a preferred professional services provider. We play a pivotal role in helping clients make their own success stories. At various stages of growth, our clients look to us for timely and independent advice. Our professionals are selected from a deep talent pool of industry specialists. They offer significant knowledge, local experience, and a client-focused approach – and are integrated into a network of professionals working with KPMG firms around the world. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.