Senior Manager Finance
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
At Baxter, we have best-in-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We are implementing a transformative program which will deliver value to business/finance stakeholders, streamline processes, enhance systems, improve forecasting accuracy, strengthen business partnerships and enhance opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth.
This position will report to the APAC FP&A COE Director, and will interact with regional president, regional CFO, a group of APAC finance directors & APAC commercial finance and regional/global FP&A stakeholders, the APAC FP&A Center of Expertise (CoE) team, as well as the broader APAC Finance community. This position will support the establishment of meaningful value driven business partnering model to increase efficiency and deliver insights to the organization.
Scope: This role is for APAC FP&A Central Team to coordinate/consolidate submission for overall APAC
Stakeholders: Key stakeholders include regional CFO, Global FP&A, Global R&A team, APAC COE cluster leads
People Manager: To have one or more Team Member
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Please list the most important and relevant responsibilities
- Lead the overall regional process for the long range plan, annual operating plan and budget process, as well as the quarterly reforecasting process
- Collaborate with senior members of the regional finance & commercial finance team to manage the annual planning calendar involving coordination of strategic plan, budget, and forecasts
- Work closely with local country business partners, Finance directors, and their teams to review projections, budgets and historical results, as well as set deadlines, templates, reporting requirements and global standards
- Advise regional leaders on key strategic business decisions by providing insightful variance and trend analyses
- Partner with Local County Teams, Accounting COE, FP&A Managers and Corporate teams within commercial and manufacturing/supply chain organizations to understand, drive and support decision making ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
- Effectively communicate of key design initiatives from the Global FP&A Group to key stakeholders / broader organization as appropriate, including Senior Management
- Support execution of FP&A new operating model for the region and with in the COE team
- Partner with regional leaders to drive standardized processes and share best practices
- Help transform the finance organization mindset from backward-looking to forward-looking
- Perform strategic ad hoc reporting with heavy financial analysis tracking business performance to facilitate decision making and business support
- Help develop the future KPIs required to meet business and finance strategic objectives
- Increasing learning and development opportunities to improve business analytics acumen
- Promote strong, collaborative relationship between the R&A organization and regional stakeholders to ensure timely exchange of information and data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required.
- CA/CWA/CPA/MBA Preferred
- Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 15+ years of relevant experience with consolidations, financial planning and reporting and decision support.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ownership mentality; maintains focus on driving projects to completion and delivering output/results
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks concurrently; owns career and is accountable for managing own development
- Change agent with ability to effectively manage and drive impactful change
- Ability to lead and operate in a team-oriented environment and influence
- Strong process mindset and proven success in leading business initiatives to deliver large scale process improvements
- Extensive knowledge of economic practices and accounting principles; the analysis and reporting of financial and operational data, experience in a health care equipment & services industry is preferred
- Expert in technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Provides expert guidance and advisory based on complex synthesis of projection/forecasting information that influences other activities such as pricing, financial planning etc.
- Extensive technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of: internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Proficient in advanced financial modeling and statistical techniques and selects the appropriate technique to address the problem at hand
- Knowledge of JD Edwards (JDE), Hyperion Planning, and Cognos helpful
Key Functional Competencies (4-5):
- 15+ years of experience working in a Finance function coupled with diversified experience in financial reporting, forecasting, planning, and ad hoc related analyses, Global experience a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Excellent financial modeling skills preferred, experience in statistical modeling techniques is a plus
- Proven ability to interact with senior management and influence outcomes across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management
- Ability to meet the rigorous deadlines of a growth company, multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to align efforts to the strategic objectives of the company
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior management
Key Professional Competencies (4-5):
- Self-starter with excellent analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- English: Native or bilingual proficiency required
- Professional proficiency in other languages a plus