Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 24,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you´ll work
We have a Plant Controller open position in Savannah, Georgia. Kerry has over 41 sites across North America. Our Savannah facility is an aseptic low-acid site, part of the Beverage division business with roughly 200 employees. It primarily produces stocks, broths and nutritional beverages to key retailers and emerging brands.
What you´ll do
- Partner with all members of the site leadership team to ensure ownership and accountability of financial performance, whilst identifying process improvement and cost reduction opportunities across all plant related cost categories (materials; labor; equipment; indirect purchases; and inventory).
- Be hands on to ensure strong process adherence across the plant for all relevant metrics including, but not limited to Inventory Control and Risk Management, Cycle Counting Accuracy, Inventory Obsolescence, Vendor Payment Management and Customer Billing (AP and AR are centralized, but the plant processes are key to a smooth operation).
- The plant controller is expected to understand the processes sufficiently to support the operation of them, and whilst not responsible for day to day completion, they are the site gatekeeper to ensure compliance.
- Present plant financial analysis and scorecard to plant and business unit management, with strong emphasis on Operational performance linked to Productivity and Waste Management;
- Preparation of all daily, weekly, period end operational performance reports with comments and recommendation for corrective action;
- Partner with the Plant Manager in the monthly presentation of operating results to business unit management, and future strategical decisions for the plant;
- Responsible for Month End period closing, and associated balance sheet management, accruals and purchase order reconciliation;
- Capital Projects Performance Reporting (linking in with Beverage Divisional Capital resource);
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning;
- Kerry Best Practice Implementation; and
- Participate in Gemba walks.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the Operations Finance Director for the business unit and indirectly to the Plant Manager.
- This position is responsible for making recommendations based on trends, business opportunities, and potential improvements in efficiency or cost savings, costing up capital investments with the appropriate support, and delivering day to day operations as required.
- This position will be working with minimal or no direct supervision on a day to day basis.
What you´ll need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting required
- CPA, CMA or equivalent is desired but not required
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, SAP and Accounting Systems and experience with performance-based measurement highly desired. Good knowledge of Excel and associated systems is essential. ERP/SAP and Company specific systems training will be provided as required.
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail, good communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills while handling multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Prior experience with long-term strategic planning, investing analysis, acquisition, capital, cost management, capital reporting, budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, financial reporting, managing fixed assets, closing the books, processing accounts receivable and accounts payable, budgeting, intercompany allocations, year-end audit and technical accounting are all highly desired
- Experience in commercial and manufacturing (food, chemical or Pharmaceutical industry) very beneficial, but not required.
- Experienced in leading people.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here. Additional information can also be here .
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.