Derivatives Specialist Kilkenny, Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
An opportunity exists for an Associate 2 level position working in a challenging environment within the OTC Derivatives department. For the right candidate this represents a good opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of OTC Derivatives & the OTC market supporting global OTC trading books.
The right candidate can rely on excellent online training courses, on the job training, and the support of the team. This is an opportunity to be part of a flexible, hardworking and friendly team which seeks results for their clients and colleagues. OTC product and accounting knowledge is required to succeed in the role in time, but not necessarily a pre-requisite; full training is supplied on the job specific to requirements.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives and help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Trade capture (New trades, cancellations, novation’s, expiries, terminations, maturities)
- Product lifecycle processing & reviews
- Cash management (OTC cash flow monitoring)
- Valuation of products and NAV calculation
What we value:
- Team Player; the right candidate will be interacting globally across the business, working in a hybrid model from home and in the office in Kilkenny.
- Self-Motivated and reliant; this is an opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one of the more challenging areas of financial services.
- Enthusiastic; the right candidate will be committed to excellence in service, creating and maintaining the relationships.
- Uses Initiative; the role can involve opportunities for creative thinking around new business challenges generated by the market and market conditions.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of or an interest in OTC Derivative products (CFDs & Swaps)
- Highly computer literate with a good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to details
- Highly organized
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.