Financial Analysis - Markets Operations
CIB F&BM – Markets Operations Finance Manager – Associate – Bournemouth
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion, with operations in more than 50 countries and 100 markets and over 250,000 employees. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. The firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. Further information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Reporting into the Financial Management lead for Fixed Income Operations within Finance & Business Management (F&BM), this role will support the Markets Operations organization, a global ~1400-person organization accounting for ~$140mm of expenses, which forms part of the CIB Operations within Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) which resides within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Line of Business. This position will require regular interaction with variety of teams and senior management across CIB & DP&S F&BM, including Finance Managers, Business Managers, Planning & Analysis (P&A), and Markets Operations, as well as the front office stakeholders and corporate partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and monthly business reviews that provide clear, impactful explanations of operating results and variances based on relevant business drivers, and help ensure expense goals are achieved
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage annual budget and periodic (monthly) forecasting processes
- Manage the month-end close process and provide variance commentary
- Coordinate expense accruals with Controllers
- Prepare financial (variance) analysis and walk forwards (expense and headcount) by key business drivers
- Provide detailed headcount tracking of actual productivity saves versus plan/target, coordinate Tech & Ops interlocks in partnership with Tech F&BM face-off
- Review expenses and identify potential reductions in the cost base to streamline business processes and improve profitability
- Deliver Operations executive-level monthly financial reviews
- Manage product /front office allocations, coordinate monthly business reviews, periodic allocations rules reviews and ad-hoc front office queries
- Manage reporting hierarchy and examine incoming allocations
- Implement controls and best practices to ensure efficient, timely and accurate financial reporting
- Part of a high-performance team, adding value to the greater team
Key Skills & Qualifications desired:
- Relevant years of experience in financial management (planning, forecasting, budgeting and strong understanding of both finance and accounting practices)
- Excellent quantitative, analytical problem solving and financial / data / business modeling skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts to a non-financial audience, strong documentation and reporting skills
- Strong presence, comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- Superior attention to details and process skills; sense of urgency
- Able to collaborate across lines of businesses and work with central/corporate organizations
- Capable of balancing multiple assignments simultaneously
- Sound judgment, professional maturity and personal integrity, strong work ethic, proactive and results-oriented outlook, possess courage to ask tough questions and challenge the status quo
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of systems used by CIB F&BM or equivalents (eXtraSheet - Headcount Tracking, Paragon - General Ledger Reporting, SAP / Cognos – Allocation Reporting) preferred
- Advanced excel (formulas, macro, pivots, power pivots, charts) and data analysis and visualization tools (Alteryx, tableau, QlikView) preferred
- Bachelor degree Finance or Accounting and qualified/part-qualified CPA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.