Finance Analyst - Business Banking
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks corporate, regional and agribusiness and small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance
BB Finance is a divisional finance team within the Financial Services division.
BB Finance has dedicated teams to provide financial performance and analysis services to enable effective decision making by various stakeholders.
Your team is comprised of Finance professionals, who provide cost management and capital management expertise and services to the Business Bank and Financial Services.
Some of the key areas you will be providing support include:
- Performance reporting
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Financial control including financial risk control
- Ad-Hoc analytics and financial assessments to deliver better outcomes for Finance and the Business
- Preparation and presentation of monthly performance reports for the BB Leadership Team and Group Finance, as required
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include:
- Delivery of timely, accurate and insightful reporting for the Business Bank
- Supporting the delivery of a robust financial control environment, including processing of manual journals and completion of monthly reconciliations in alignment with Group policies
- Half and full year end reporting including internal and external financial reporting
- Delivery of forecasting and budgeting
- Engagement with BB Finance to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Compliance with group wide policies and delivery protocols
- Performance of ad-hoc analytics to deliver business-focused insight to drive timely decision-making by the Business Bank and its leadership team
- Identify and facilitate process improvement initiatives to enhance the control environment and improve the efficiency of operations.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Degree qualified (business, finance, IT, risk) with post graduate qualification highly desirable
- Accounting qualification – CPA or CA or working towards this
- Experience in the Financial Services industry would be beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability with a close attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- Ability to collaborate & work as part of a team
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 16/08/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.