Senior Manager Business Partnering Global Technology Services
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology & Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology & Operations Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider Technology & Operations Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology, Chief Operations Office and Business Unit CIOs.
Global Technology Services (GTS), is largest areas in Technology with Run spend of $730m and $180m on top of that on key projects.
GTS covers areas such as:
- Global Cloud and Hosting
- Data Centre & Mainframe
- Service Management
- Strategy, Performance and Transformation
- End user experience – (laptops/mobile phones and remote working services across CBA
Key duties will include:
- Reporting to the Executive Manager you are responsible for business partnering to the Cloud and Hosting businesses, providing Financial Planning and Analytics support to a high focus area of Technology and supporting 2 General Managers and their Leadership Teams with approx. spend of $280m
- Preparation and presentation to senior audiences on monthly results including actionable insights, IT volume trends and drivers of cost, project spend and forecast.
- Managing 4 staff providing FP&A activities including budgeting, forecasting, month end close, variance analysis.
- Analysis of drivers of consumption and working with other finance teams to understand their application consumption of Cloud and Storage & Backup.
- Commercial support for key IT vendor contracts including reviewing financial models and business cases.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified with up to 5+ years post qualification experience;
- People management experience and ability to prioritise and manage workload, leveraging staff, experience in uplifting team performance, providing constructive feedback and the development of staff and team culture
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven experience in advising and influencing senior stakeholders and business outcomes;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including presenting to senior management and leadership teams
- Strong commercial, accounting and financial management experience including financial modelling and understanding of operational business drivers;
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure/Cloud (desirable)
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 08/08/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.