Financial Reporting Manager, Hybrid, Officer
At this level you will be required to oversee the work of 10-12 direct reports (Senior Associates, Associates 2 and Associates 1) and assume full accountability and ownership for your team’s deliverables for each of the Clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction. The implementation of change will be a major part of the role. In addition you will be responsible for achievement of delegated financial/performance targets, including local cost control.What you will be responsible for
As a Financial Reporting Manager you will:
- Lead and motivate staff.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of your direct and in-direct reports, provide regular formal and informal feedback using 1-2-1 and skip level meetings and set clear development goals for your staff to ensure they are developed and managed.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new Financial Reporting staff.
- Assume full accountability and ownership for your team’s deliverables for each of the Clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction.
- Manage the operations of the core financial reporting teams assigned to you within the department.
- Where business requirement act as reviewer of the work on allocated and ad hoc basis
- Propose and/or implement procedural changes to improve performance of the department. Actively review your team’s ops environment and propose process/tools/controls improvements so to contribute to overall department savings target
- Strongly support management team in achieving department level goals
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from senior management.
- Lead, direct and manage the department in collaboration with your manager and senior colleagues.
- Create an environment that is flexible/adaptable/able to change and be a champion of change. Initiate and successfully implement dept. performance targets and objectives, both operational and project based.
- Delegate tasks to your staff as part of staff development and allow your take on other tasks appropriate to your level and progression.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven experience in managing teams in a very dynamic and demanding environment is a must
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- General finance knowledge with understanding fund administration and reporting environment will be an asset
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including GAAP, IFRS, and UK SORP would be advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurized environment.
- Great organizational skills.
- Stress resilience.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- Gold medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.