Junior Consultant - Valuation, Modeling, Economics
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY Strategy and Transactions provides services within the domain of mergers and acquisitions, private and public offerings, valuations, business modelling, due diligence and financial consulting. Our team of professionals is ideally placed to successfully support corporate transactions.
Our Valuation, Modelling, Economics team helps clients understand the value of their business, their securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, intangibles and other assets. As our new intern / junior consultant you will be assisting project teams to coordinate valuation engagements for the purpose of: management planning, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization and corporate strategy.
Your key responsibilities
- Analyse and present complex financial information, including navigating financial models
- Assisting project teams to coordinate valuation engagements for the purpose of: management planning, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization and corporate strategy.
- Research current capital markets trends, transactions and pricing
- Prepare materials for client transactions, including investment and credit memoranda, management presentations and supporting information
- Perform market research and analysis to develop new transaction opportunities
- Assist the broader team with client presentations, proposals and report writing
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- College / University degree or ongoing business studies (especially Finance masters)
- Availability for full-time job (40hours/per week) for university students.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Hungarian.
- Strong interest in valuation and modelling.
- Financial modeling skills, including experience building models from scratch in MS Excel, are considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical, project management, communication, interpersonal, and teaming skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- After submitting your CV and cover letter in English, our Talent Team is going to reach out to You.
- As part of the selection process, you will recieve an online test which has to be completed within 3 days.
- Our Talent Team will review your test score and if you have succeeded, you will be invited to a technical test to the EY office.
- In case you pass this level, you will be invited to 2 rounds of online interviews.