Manager - International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS)
EY is Ireland’s fastest growing Big 4 Firm and we have an exciting opportunity to join our International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) team, who are leaders in international tax advisory and cross border M&A. As part of our ITTS team, you will be working with some of the world’s largest corporations across a broad range of industries and sectors (including technology, telecommunications, life sciences, retail and consumer) while collaborating with high performing teams from across our global network of ITTS professionals.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the international tax arena and a great time to join the ITTS team. As a manager in our ITTS practice, you will be responsible for advising our clients as they navigate through these unprecedented changes. You will also have the opportunity to provide Irish tax advice in the M&A space and assist clients on highly complex transactions including advising on both pre and post transaction divestitures and reorganisations.
The rapid pace of change in the international tax landscape in recent years has led to an increased demand for services and support from our clients. With our business expanding accordingly, we are looking for people who can assist clients on a wide range of Irish and international tax matters. You will be at the forefront of managing both the impact of international tax law change and how tax is delivered as a service offering to clients as we and our clients embrace the digital revolution. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects which are focused on helping clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy, including:
- Managing the risk arising from global tax law change as a result of the Base Erosion Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) project and the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive (“ATAD”)
- M&A transactions – pre-transaction reorganisations and post-transaction integration
- IP realignment/optimization transactions
- Corporate restructuring
- Tax efficient supply chain management
- Tax efficient financing and treasury management
- Legal structure rationalisation
- Repatriation of foreign earnings
- Operating model redesign
- Corporate tax compliance
- International transfer pricing disputes and controversy
Your key responsibilities
- Manage the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding advisory projects
- Work with clients to develop innovative solutions to tax challenges which are aligned with our client’s strategies and operations
- Build and maintain client relationships and a professional network in order to identify and develop business opportunities for the firm
- Develop junior team members through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring
- Liaising with global ITTS colleagues, clients, Revenue Authorities, and other external stakeholders
- Responsibility for oversight and management of corporate tax compliance portfolio
- Active involvement in People initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
- Technical Knowledge - Demonstrate a strong understanding of Irish and international tax technical concepts and a keen ambition to develop this knowledge further
- Commercial Awareness – Ability to develop practical/business driven solutions to challenges facing clients
- Business Development - Develop and maintain relationships with clients and professional networks in order to identify growth opportunities for the firm
- Team Building - Enthusiastic and effective team leader and player - ability to create, build and sustain effective relationships at all levels
- Strong business acumen with strong negotiation skills and with the ability to manage engagement metrics
- Communication Skills - Excellent communicator, both written and oral
- Flexibility - Change orientated and innovative with flexible approach to ways of working and adoption of new technologies
- Project Management Skills – ability to plan and prioritise work in order to meet client deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- AITI/CTA/ACA/ACCA/relevant legal qualification with 3-4 years’ relevant PQE
Ideally you will also have
- In depth and broad range of experience in the provision of Irish corporate tax advice and an interest in international tax projects and developments
- Accounting qualification would be desirable but not obligatory
- Some recent experience in a tax practice would be favourable
- A good working knowledge of other taxes in Ireland
- Experience of managing a team and/or coaching and developing more junior team members
- Excellent communication and project/team management skills
What we look for
- Someone interested in joining a dynamic team who wants to further develop their business and international tax expertise and network in a fast moving, technology- enabled business world
- An individual who is self-motivated and ambitious, balanced with the ability to work effectively as part of a team on a day-to-day basis
- The ability to manage competing projects, deadlines, demonstrating superior organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Someone who has the ability to coach and develop others
- A good work ethic and openness to new challenges
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate growth within the firm
- Excellent communicator with an aptitude to build and manage key client relationships and networks
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package that rewards you for your individual and team performance. As the business grows, we provide opportunities for you to grow too, by helping you develop new skills and progress your career. This includes support, coaching and feedback from your colleagues. But most of all, we believe in giving you the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
To help you do that, we also offer:
- A hybrid working environment
- Total Rewards: A comprehensive package that covers flexible working and career development
- FlexEY: Lets you select benefits to suit your needs across holidays, health, well-being and more
- Annual reimbursement for health-related services such as gym membership
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, come grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.