Deals, Financial Decisions and Analysis - Senior Manager - UAE - Dubai
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
Financial Decisions and Analysis (FDnA) is the modelling and analytics Centre of Excellence within PwC Deals, and one of PwC’s highest growth teams. We focus on the application of leading edge modelling and analytical techniques to help clients make good decisions and solve problems. We work on some of the most high profile deals in the market, across a wide range of clients and sectors.
The Financial Decisions and Analysis (FD&A) team delivers additional insight for decision making. Our team provides organisations with data driven financial insights to produce rapid, pragmatic and clear outcomes for our clients. As part of our team, you’ll be supporting our client’s CFO office, deal modelling, and decision support. We use our people's range of industry experiences with a commercial mindset and deep technical skills to produce rapid, pragmatic and clear outcomes for our clients. Services include:
A career in our Financial Decisions and Analysis practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
We are now looking to recruit a Senior Manager to join our high performing team, with a specific focus on modelling but with significant opportunities to support across the whole modelling and analytics spectrum of services. We are looking for a diverse mix of people with a commercial mindset who can quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially “game changing” insight to our clients, enhancing value through compelling analysis. If you have a commercial and growth mindset, are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and logical manner, for a variety of different businesses then this is the role for you.
As a Senior Manager, you will be leading a broad range of assignments, stretching yourself across many different industry sectors and engaging directly with the senior management team and stakeholders of our clients with a specific focus on financial modelling. Your first assignment may be working with senior management of a large corporate to:
- Improve clarity and transparency for investors by developing a driver based integrated model;
- Design a short term cash flow model to help our client to actively manage liquidity;
- Build a financial model to support our client at various stages of the deals cycle;
- Identify and forecast restructuring options, and critically assess key risks and sensitivities;
- Support investors secure their funding needs on a high profile acquisition;
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Proactively develop client relationships and manage these from lead generation to project executions;
- Manage a team and work with multiple stakeholders to deliver complex projects;
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen;
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues;
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on key accounts;
- Focus on developing external and internal relationships and your PwC brand;
- Leading multidisciplinary teams directly with our clients to use data analysis, modelling and visualisation to support a Deal or restructuring process;
- Clear and concise communication of complex concepts and their business benefits to senior management and stakeholders (both internally and externally) from a range of backgrounds and business areas to help clients make robust, evidence based decisions;
- Produce value added insights to clients by analyzing disparate information streams (e.g. extracts from client system, management reports, contracts) and turning them into structured data that can be analysed as part of a Deal or restructuring process to provide greater insight to our clients;
- Delivering reports and presentations and communicating our findings to clients and their stakeholders;
- Train and lead staff;
- Minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience with a focus on financial modelling and a strong base in accounting;
- CFA, qualified ACA or ACCA equivalent, and/or Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM) designations are preferred;
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and identify selling opportunities throughout a deal lifecycle;
- Proven track record of financial modelling advisory and advanced excel skills, with a desire to develop these further;
- Preferably experience in a relevant industry sector such as Retail, TelCo, Financial Services, Real Estate;
- History of independently managing a team and delivering large scale projects;
- Contributing to thought leadership and business development, searching for and identifying prospective opportunities and supporting leadership in the sales process;
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude, possess both financial and commercial acumen and enjoy problem solving to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide insight and advice to our clients;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter mentality, and be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity with little supervision to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and develop these ideas into structured deliverable projects;
- The ability to lead multiple projects and liaise with multiple stakeholders while ensuring high quality deliverables under tight client deadlines in time pressured environments;
- Passion for innovation, technology and new tools, and applying and developing yourself to new areas (e.g. quickly getting up to speed with tools, analytical approaches and business challenges);
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally and externally;
- Depending on the individual performance, the candidate could rapidly evolve towards a Director position.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.