Country Chief Accountant (Japanese or Korean Speaker)
- Ensuring the day to day accounts and accounting processes are managed to a high standard. This will involve working closely with the RSS APAC Ops teams (R2R, D2P & Compliance) to ensure accuracy of data and smooth operations.
- Frequent communication and collaboration with the affiliate’s Finance Manager and/or local finance team.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of company assets through the maintenance of appropriate controls while supporting the FM and leading the determination of appropriate accounting treatment for various programs and/or global projects.
- Coordinate with RSS APAC Ops teams (AP, GAMA, AR, TR, T&E, Compliance and Procurement) and execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with month-end close checklist.
- Analyze and communicate consolidated review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, accountable for the accuracy of the affiliate’s financial statements.
- Responsible for Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and internal controls matters, act as owner for the ICFR tools – INVOLVE and BWISE
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation – follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered.
- Submission other reporting packages accurately and within specified timeline i.e. Sustainability, Insurance reporting.
- Responsible of IFRS 16 Leasing related matters i.e SimSol /Planon .
- Review and provide approval for manual journal entries by RSS APAC team.
- Responsible for all management accounting entries i.e. Period cost allocation, COPA allocation, SSC allocation, etc.
- Responsible for multiple aspects of Accounts Receivables – review and approve manual billings, ensure all sales related activities are reported timely and accurately
- Responsible for multiple aspects of Accounts Payables – review and provide approval of AP related activities
- Cash flow management - forecast current and future cash flow requirement and arrangement for necessary fund transfers (if required).
- Responsible for all treasury matters i.e. FX deal, credit facilities, payment request, banking matters.
- Approve master data requests - Chart of Accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, vendor & customer master data, UCI etc.
- Being the main contact person for FM in the affiliates for all accounting matters, requests and advisory and be an active member of the FM/Controller’s Local Leadership Team.
- Being the main contact person for RSS APAC Finance teams for issue resolution for all accounting matters
- Preparation of audit related schedules and documentation, including liaising with the Auditor.
- Participate in any compliance audits and responding to audit queries.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management and financial compliance for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
- A degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce or equivalent. ACCA, CPA Australia, India CPA or other accounting professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a related field and at least 5 years in accountant / audit role and people management experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices with proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably SAP.
- Meticulous, independent, proactive and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and excellent presentation skills, expressing ideas and expectations in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven track record of effective relationship and stakeholder management with diverse populations (customers, colleagues and senior leaders).
- Must be excellent in influencing skills and working in a highly matrixed environment. Builds credibility through strong relationships and demonstrates excellent business partnering
- Exceptional leadership skills. Focused on attracting, retaining and developing high performing teams. Consistently demonstrates the Roche Leadership Commitments
- Demonstrated excellence at strategic agility, with ability to anticipate and react to changes in the business environment
- Experience in Project Management either managing projects directly, sponsoring and/or contributing as a key stakeholder
- Proficiency in negotiation and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, changing and growing environment.
- The ability to operate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments.
- Able to commit for business travelling when required.
- Language: English fluency required. Other languages (Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese) will be a strong plus.
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.The Roche Services & Solutions as well as People Support Solutions organisations located in Kuala Lumpur provide end-to-end business solutions for Finance, Procurement, IT, Communications, People & Culture (Human Resources) and beyond to our Roche colleagues across the APAC region. Today Roche employs altogether around 1100 employees in Malaysia. Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting End Date: 06-30-2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.